Where are all the Yellow Cats stories?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dab_602000, Dec 13, 2007.

1. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    I never hear about people catching yellow cats. My biggest cat was on the Rio Grande River in Big Bend. Along the Texas Mexico border. I hear about Channel,Flathead and blues. Where does yellow cat fit in? They are huge cats that really have alot of fat. We would use throw lines from the bank using goldfish. I just hardly hear of anyone catching yellow cats. Just wondering. Thanks

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yellow cat is but another name for a flathead!!!

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    That is what I have always thought. Just different names from different regions for the same fish.

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    If you ever put a yellowcat and a flathead side by side, you will see they are the same fish, just different names for different geographical areas.:wink:

5. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    Yellow cats bite best in April and September in Texas. Right now they are in deep holes and you have to almost put the bait in their mouth to get them to bite. Catfishjon

6. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Interesting? I've never caught a Flat around here that even had a hint of yellow. Their typically black or a very dark green. I've caught yellow bullhead though. Maybe it's a location things as far as where in the US their caught?

J

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I caught a small flathead out of the Ohio below Cincinnati a couple weeks ago that was literally as yellow as a banana.. It looked so weird that I didnt even know what the heck it was until it got into the boat.

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    it depends on the color of the water. in imperial valley in ca, there is a river called the alamo river. very muddy and runs red in color. flatheads are yellow in color. (it's also one of most contaminated rivers in ca, but that didn't change cats colors.)
    gary

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    muddy waters yellow cats the clearer the water the darker the flatheads.

10. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    a place where i catch flatheads is also very very muddy water and there are yellow also.

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Here on the Muskingum in ohio, I have caught flatheads from Black to Blueish, Slate grey, most are brown, then I have caught a few that were yellow, and one time I caught a flat that was Orange, way past yellow.