Where are all the Ga. folks??

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Snappy, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know yall are out there. Whats the best spot in Gerorgia for catfish?

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    We're here but we are few. Don't know why either. Down south is all about fish frys and catfishing. Seems that there would be alot more on here:know-big:

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Just having a day where it is hard to get something out.I still try to listen,if I cain;t respond.Some days I cain;t shut up.I don,t pick them.It picks me.I like to hear from everyone.thanks for shareing.peewee-williams

4. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fishing the Sav. River around Plant Vogle tommorow hope there bighting first trip of the year. I am ready to go!!

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    ood luck snappy let us know how you do hope to see at the ga gathering in june

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Patrick,
    I fish the Savannah River on a regular basis and do catch quite a few quality cats throughout the year. My favorite part of the river for catfish is the area from Hardeeville down. Especially some of the feeder creeks such as Abercorn , Knoxboro , Union Creek and Back River. They are all right there close to each other and loaded with deep holes and blue cats. The only drawback is these are all tidal affected and at times the current can really rip. There are also some really nice lakes off the river above Hardeeville that are not AS affected by the tides that are very good to fish too. A couple of these are Coleman and Fox lake. Ive caught really nice catfish in both of these using cut bream on the bottom at the mouths where they join the Savannah River. One thing Ive learned about this end of the river is.....a good depth finder, full tank of gas, fresh cut bait and you can find the catfish holes !!!!