Where are all the catfishermen?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Picksecky, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Where is everybody? Hasn't been many posts lately. I know it's hunting season, but there should be some "die hards" that will slip away and fish once in a while. My brother, sister and I are making a trip Patagonia tonite. We are going to meet Koda and his better half down there.
    Hopefully it will be a good nite and we will have something to report. Good luck to all....hunting or fishing.

2. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Been a little busy hunting myself, but plan on going to Roosevelt this weekend for a cast and blast trip. Mainly going to be hunting quail and trying to find a few crappie, but if I can catch bait you can bet I'll flathead fish one night at least. Also need to get the boat on the water. It's been about a month and a half and I'm going through withdrawls.

3. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Catman....sounds like a great trip. I used to hunt quail around Roosevelt and it is a blast. Can't beat a combo trip like that. Best of luck!!

4. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    All the Catfisherman are in North Carolina....lol. We are busy catching state records and monster flatties.

5. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I have been slammed at work. Business has been really busy around here, and I haven't had that much time to even get on and enjoy the BOC.

Where is everyone fishing lately?

6. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    Ive been fishing around the local lakes that are around apartment complexes. I caught a nice cat in a lake by my girlfriends house. Maybe 5#'s or so. If you live in the east valley, and cant seem to make it up to the lakes, I can tell you where some good catfishin is around here. Best of luck to everyone.

7. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I guess my fishing trips in Arizona have come to an end. Leaving on Nov. 4th for Gods Country, oops, I mean Oklahoma. Seriously though, I will miss Arizona, not Phoenix, but the rest of Arizona. Good luck to all of yall and there are sure plenty of fish left out there as I know that I haven't come close to putting a dent in em the 3 years that I have been here, lol.

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Uh...I been out fishing...no time to post :)

9. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Jeremy, I wish you the best of luck on your move back to Oklahoma. Although I was born here in Az my dad was born in OK and moved out here when he was a young boy. My mom was from Texas so catfishing is bred into me I guess. I used to go back to Tx. every summer and sure did enjoy the fishing and the good hospitality. The people are so much different back there. A lot frendlier for the most part.

10. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks Tom. I have family in Texas too, and I grew up catfishing in Oklahoma so I sure can't wait to get back to it. The fishing is alot different there, although not as challenging as it seems to be here in AZ. Of course, the water moccassins and copperheads keep you on your toes and the mosquitos seem quite a bit worse, lol, but anyway, thanks again.

11. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Good luck in ok hope you catch a state record if you beat me too it j/k

12. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Their is nothing like the sweet voice of a texas woman! Yee Ha!!!!!

13. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey jeremy no more okie in AZ lol Good luck bro and watch out for the tornados man, dude your in for some big flats over there.

well any how here, just been hangen out at the river and been doing alot of fishing and hunting around blythe-erenberg area. Quail hunting been great this year over here blythe. been hunting along the river on the indian reservation, more birds then I have ever seen. Been doing as much catfishing I can get in, last few times i'v been out got up and out on the water by 4AM fished till about 8 to 9 am beached the boat and head out for the quail untill noon or so, back to the trailer for some lunch and some and rest for the old man, then back to the water for some fishing by 5pm and fishing 8:30 to 9PM. Been down there the last 4 weekends but had to stay home this weekend :crying:

The fishens been ok over here on the river, been getting a lot of nice channels 5 to 10lbs on goldfish fishing for the flats but havent been gettin the flats lately, don't know if there done for the year or not. been getting a good number of the smaller cats on shrimp also.

Any of the bros been fishing the rivers AZ, if so hows it been going on the flats. . when do you dudes stop gettin them. do you use a diffrent way of getting them this time of year then the summer time. This is my first year fishing for the flats been fishing for the channels for ever so trying figger :confused: them things out.

c-ya the river(colorado)bud(weiser)

14. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Kevin you ever fish Eldorado park (just north of you)? Ive caught some nice channels, and a ton of bullheads out of there. My friend says the pond below it is just as good or better. I caught a 4lb Bass from the pond above it, its on a golf course but you can fish it if you live in the townhomes right next to it (who doesn't), the same friend caught a 8lb Bass there (seriously Eight Pounds (Golf course ponds are a gold mine)).

15. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    i know exactly where you are talking about. I use to fish that chain of lakes before it got really weedy. the lakes i primarily fished were the ones just south of mcdowell and so on. i think i saw a dead bullhead on shore and thought it was a flathead of the lake that you were talking about...haha...but the pond that is on the golf course (its kinda hidden, you walk straight north of the YMCA (or boys and girls club?) and there it is, i have caught numerous bass outta there. but the catfish i got out of the lakes by mcdowell were really small. i would have tried the one you were talking about more but i saw some people get hassled by the police there, so i have avoided it, plus it is really weedy. i was trout fishing tonight and a guy told me that there is a pond on queen creek and price that has flatheads and other huge cats in it...i usually do my catfishing off of ray and dobson or mcqueen and warner in those neighborhood lakes.