Where am I??? - my deer hunting experience

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by REDMAN, May 25, 2006.

1. REDMAN

REDMAN New Member

State:
    California
    In 4 years i have gotten my tags 3 times and i have killed 2 mules a 4x4 20 wide and a 4x4 25 wide but this last year i had an interesting time hunting. It started out as the perfect morning i had my 308 pump and i was set for another nice buck. My older brother dropped me off in the trees outside the flats to go for a morning hike. When i got 2 the top of a ridge i saw a monster it must have been a 6x6 on the other ridge. It seemed like he didnt see me at all so i waited for him to cross over the top when he did i hauled for the top of that ridge looking for a clear shot. i got there and he was no where to be found. when i looked back up to see which way to get back to the truck i realized that i had lost all my marks and i didnt know where i was. i started walkin in the dirrection i was coming from but the hills kept coming with no road in sight. keep in mind i cant see more than a 100 yards due to trees and buck brush over my head. i walked for 6 hours until i had finally hit a road. a couple of tresspassers are the ones who found me. I turned out to be 13 miles away from the spot I started from. When i got back to camp there was about 25 trucks organizing a search party and i heard a distant thump thump thump it was the rescue chopper and that made me feel really good at that point... HA but it all turned out to be ok except for never filling my tag this year.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    [size=+1]Maybe you should invest in a good GPS:lol:[/size]

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    You weren't embarrassed were you?:embarassed: :big_smile:

4. REDMAN

REDMAN New Member

State:
    California
    i got a new GPS and i wasnt embarrased at all...tell the chopper came

5. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I have done that before with a gps. I had a cheap one and we kept walking in circles around the truck. Finally found where someone had put those reflectors on a tree and we followed them to the road.