When's everyone starting?

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by Superx2, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Superx2

Superx2 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey guys, I was just wondering when you guys thought it would be a good time to go and start hitting the rivers up? Just wondering.

Thanks Tim

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome, Tim.
    Ice just left where I fish. I think I'll wait till the water reaches around 40-45*.
    Then I'll go see about finding some channels.
    Maybe this weekend.:big_smile:

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm with Dave. I'm hoping to hit the river this weekend if its 40 or better out and not raining.

4. crowriveramateur

crowriveramateur New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I tried the crow river in watertown today i only had an hour to fish and i caught one carp and one sucker on crawlers. no catfish but one guy told me he saw someone catch one earlier

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I've often thought of stopping and fishing that stretch on my way through Watertown. Is it normally productive?

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I would go today if it weren't so dang windy.

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome boc, it should be soon be able start fishing

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC. ><[[[[ยบ>

9. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The Mississippi where I fish has just reached the mid-40's for temps. The fish are there and biting, and have been for a few weeks. Not a hot bite, but it still beats TV.

10. Superx2

Superx2 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I heard that the minnesota had a temp of 56 degree's and some of the creeks were at 60, but that might change with the cold temps this weekend!!

11. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Up here on the Red River the water levels are good for the time being and the catfish are biting. I did not check the temps but it is warm enough that the fish are starting to get the feed bags on and it will only get better from here.

12. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Channel Cat Ben!
    Welcome Mate, I see you've made a few posts.
    Lots of good info here!

13. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Was hoping to start my season next week but it looks like there will be a little more waiting since this cold weather has dropped the river temps again.

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC Tim its great to have you aboard, if I was you I would go ahead and start fishing now, hopefully some of these rivers that has been up ive heard that they keep dropping, and hopefully the fish will start hitting good keep us posted on how you do.

15. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota

Hey, Larry! Thanks. I'm sure we'll be running into each other at Bob's soon.

How's it been for you so far this season? The cats are starting to bite a little more consistently here in the cities. Got out Friday afternoon for a while and managed to catch six channels. Nothing huge - Biggest was 6#, smallest was 3. 'Twas a good time at the Red Dot.

16. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Pal,
    You were missed up at the Excursion.... When am I coming down to join you for a night of fishing. You still got dinner and drinks owed to you, and I got a 6500c3 that is sitting on the shelf in need a of a rod mate.
    Let me know, I'll try ringing you after the 1st.
    Hope all is well.
    Later
    Larry

17. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Ive been out a couple times this season. Its getting about time on the MN. Still need a few more warm days. The water level on the MN is up pretty good right now. Now if she would warm up a little we would be good to go.
    Look fwd to seeing you on the water or at Moore's
    thanks
    Larry

18. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    We are all systems go here on the Red River. Water levels are a bit low for this time of year but that makes getting around really easy. We were out last week and got a few over 10 pounds without much effort. I suspect things are really getting rolling right now. It will be full steam ahead from here on for the Might Red River.

19. catnipmn

catnipmn New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Haven't been out yet so can someone tell me the water temp on the sota? Larry, DTro, Rushing???

Thanks

20. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Cold....
    Back in the low 40s earlier this week. Kinda depends some areas are a little warmer than others. The water is way up and with the rain coming it might flood out Black dog.