WHEN

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by catoon, Feb 8, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    when will yall be getting your camping stuff out and ready?

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We never pack ours up! We still be camping on tuesday nights. We fish and camp all year long. No fair weather fish and campers here!!!!:smile2:

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I just came in from camp...2 nights, 3 hogs.:smile2:

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Probably around april around here. Thats early. Most of the roads in the forest will still be snowed in but the lower elevations should be open.

5. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    We usually have our first trip of the year in late March/early April. I've already told Bo that I want to spend the weekend of our anniversary camping. That's almost the end of April so it should be good. Now if I can get my sister to take care of my Mom that weekend, we'll have a good time.

We got a new tent late last summer, and when Mom got sick, we never had the chance to try it out. It's a Bass Pro 4 room tent. Room for the whole family plus the dog. Can't wait!!!:roll_eyes::smile2:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Fired up the ole camp stove Sunday and cleaned a bucket full of lead. I'll usually start around turkey season and after that fish camp most weekends. If it gets real hot i go to motels or just drive back n forth.Can't sleep and sweat.:embarassed:

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Was there last week myself, other than extra mouse bait in the fall that about all to it, LOL..... John... you don't have a "hillbilly" a/c unit???? 48 q cooler, with a block of dry-ice and a small 12v fan on low, will cool of a tent or cabin nicely :wink:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dry ice, good idea. I carry a fan. We sleep under a fan year round.:wink:

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes sir, (of course it helps to be able to get the ice around close) any way we took one end and drill several 1/4" holes and the other end I put a 4" hole and mounted a little slow 12v fan there. It pulls the air across real slow, but sure will change the temp by several degree, and yes sometimes there may be a slight "fog" on the floor but thats just extra :wink:

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I tried that hillbilly ac. I was a little scared of all the fog that was in the tent from the gas coming off the dry ice. :eek:oooh: but it did work

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I seen something on TV last year about these campgrounds in FL with electric. I guess some folks were setting a window air unit on a milk crate and with a little duck tape,,, they had air conditioned tents.. Makes sence too as these newer tents don't cost so much that a person could cut a hole in one and not feel too guilty..

The show and the campgrounds were griping about the electric usage by all those air conditioners running.

Hey one of those 100 dollar window ones, they have on sale, would cool a tent pretty good.

12. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    im gonna try that also thks oh no

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I never pack my camping stuff. I camp year round here.

14. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I camp any chance I get all year round

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I've camped at least once a month for the last 14 months or so - I'm an adult leader with my son's Boy Scout troop and we camp every month, rain, shine, snow or ice...

16. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just finished de winterizing today. I Ready to go.

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I used to winter camp quite a bit, and would head out to Colorado with snowshoes and spend 4-5 nights in the mountains at a time. You can keep warm in a sleeping bag, I camped as cold as 27 degrees below, but the long nights get to be a real bummer. Mostly now I stick to March through October.

18. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    We will probably set up the tent and air it out and seal the seams again within the next week or so since DeGray Ark. gathering is just around the corner. Most times we start prep mid March to mid April.