When your not fishing, what else do enjoy doing?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RIVER-RAT, Oct 21, 2005.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I want to know what other interests everybody has. I know that ya'll like cattin' but what else do really enjoy doing to relieve the stress of daily life and the reoccuring dream of making another dollar?

I guess since I'm starting the thread I'll break the ice.

If I'm not on the river, then I'm in the gym training for another event. I compete as a strongman and have the National Championships coming up on Nov. 5, 2005 in Louisville Kentucky. www.kentuckymuscle.com

When I'm not training, I love being at home and being a huge couch potato, playing with my little girl and spending time with her and my lovely wife.

2. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I enjoy playing poker, watching all kinds of sports and eating good food. And a little interaction with the opposite sex can be tolerated every now and then.

3. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I am always up for a good game of texas hold 'em. Wathcing sports, prefer football above the others. I hunt as much as I can, spend time with my daughter and finace. Other then that, work, school and cattin'.

-brian

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    When I not fishing, I am usually on the computer making post or answering post. I am not able to much any more with my hurt back. I cant hunt anymore. :sad: :sad:

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm doing it now. ;)

6. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    i like to aggravate my wife so she can tell me just to go take a flyin leap and just go fishin :p ......its either that ,or go out in my wood workin shop/old school bus....and make sumpin for maw that she has been asking for over a year for me to make :p

7. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    online "texas hold 'em" , hunting, cooking. found a huge "hen of the woods" today when i was out setting up a deer blind. that is an edible fall mushroom if you have't seen them, as good as a morral. gonna fry it up with some crappie tonite!!!! it is almost 6 lbs, they will be coming on now till frost.
    definetly worth a walk in the timber.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    ROTFLMAO at the bolded remark above.

Let's see I listen to lots of music when I'm not in a blue funk and then I listen to nothing, not even myself. I love to find new artists to listen to and research. I go to concerts when I can and am able to get away from work. I enjoy long weekends with my soulmate just exploring a new town or relaxing in a jacuzzi. I work in my flowers alot in the spring, till it gets too hot, then I just water them. Rake leaves and burn them in the fall. Matter of fact, I like to make a pile of anything, just to burn it. Not sure if I'm a little pyro or just learned to love it as a teenager when I was in charge of keeping the fire going while camping. Love to read when I can find the time. Play on the net. Fishing has been too little this year due to other priorities in life.

Somewhere in all that I try to pay attention to 9 cats and 2 Pomeranians. They are more neglected attention wise than anything else, due to the long hours I work sometimes. They eat well and have a roof over their heads and have other animals for companionship. As you can tell, I feel guilty for not giving them enough attention, but I do the best I can when time allows.

I love to watch birds, chipmunks, squirrels, etc. I feed them in the winter. I have a chipmunk that lives out front and has gotten brave enough to start looking in my front door. LOL.

Well now perhaps we should start a post of WHAT WE DON'T like to do?
    :D

9. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Mouse potato, couch potato, read, cook, sleep, hang out with my hubby and kids, hang out with my dogs.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I always like a good fire. I could sit around a camp fire all night. Not junk stinky fires, I like a good wood smelling crackling fire. I got about 50 or so trees in my yard and they don't drop limbs fast enough to keep up with my fire building. Now fall leaves kick my butt around my house. LOL. I can't cut my own wood like I use too, maybe a little here and there. Son cuts some and gets loads off the pipe line. I got a couple trees that died and need cutting. I also buy a core of wood for my back porch wood stove. Aint notning like sitting on the bank with a good fire and wife. Sometimes we fish too. LOL.
    I've had one going everyday this week, siting outside at sunset, watching everything. Couldn't sleep last nigh and was out there till past midnight stoking up the fire. I'm not a pyro, just enjoy a camp fire. :D
    I aint much of a people person. Crowds aint my thing. Football BBQ day is different. LOL>

11. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    What's a mouse potato?

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jackie, I think that is someone who is on the computer all the time. LOL. We may all have some of that in us. LOL. mouse, couch, its all potato's sitting around barely moving. :) :D

13. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    That's a relief, I was afraid it might be something "cheesy."

14. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    well besides posting on here i like playing video games lol and the rest evolves around music either listening to it or making music i am constantly picking up the guitar or writing songs. i always like trying to help people as much as i can.

15. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Sleep, work, work....work, wait, this is things we like to do right?????

Ray

16. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i like to hunt and shoot some clays. i also play baseball and always playin football with my friends in the backyard.

17. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    me if i aint fishing i like to build and fly planes

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    when I ain't fishin' I like planning the next fishin' trip or work, which go together well, LOL!!!!

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    When I'm not not fishing I love to be on my Computer & "Watching-lol :happy: " sports, (Football & Basketball)!

Bert :cool:

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Travel, hobby farm, riding ATV, pistol shooting/reloading, flying FS MS2004, digital cameras and the never ending internet! :)