When you wish upon a STAR...where's yours?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Apr 1, 2007.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Figured it was about time to start another thead showing the importance of donating to the BOC.

I have been a member for almost 4 years now and every day I log on I am amazed at the support that BOC brothers and sister lend to each other. We have a full time staff that works for FREE to help us out in anyway that they can. They do this out of their love for the sport of catfishing and for their love of the BOC.

Paul founded this site many moons ago and has kept it running so we have a place to call home. We have people from all walks of life, every religion, race, and state and many different countries.

We are here because of our love of catfishing and how the BOC makes us feel when you log on.

If you ask for a prayer.........many respond.

If you have a question.......many respond.

If you have a gripe.......also, many respond. lol

This place does not run on air folks, it takes money to keep the server up and running. Upgrades are needed and nothing is free as many of us know. It is not fair for us to expect Paul to dig into his pocket whenever something needs done.

I donated once a year for the last 3 years and just did not feel like I was doing my part. This year I made a pledge to donate $10 every month all year long. So far so good, 4 months in and just made my 4th donation.

If you are able to help the we all appreciate it. It is nice to know the lights are on whenever you want to come in and check on everyone.

Just want to ask for support for this wonder place we call home.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Here is a simple question, take how much time you may spend on-line reading or chatting on the BOC and see how much youve learned then figure if 10 beans is too much. If you go out and buy the Catfish Insider every year thats about 5-7 bucks heck 3-4 more and you have a years subcription to one of the best sites on the web. Thats my story and Im sticking to it :lol:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Believe it or not I will remain silent on this one. I have a major problem with diplomacy. LOL!

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good post there Tea,. Thats not a bad idea .What the heck is 10 bucks a month anyway. I know that everyone can't afford to do that but it's still a good idea.Just hadn't thought about doing it that way.

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks guys, I just want to help make sure that this site is around for a long, long, long time.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Say what,who,when,where,why??!!??!? Big "G" being quiet? This doesn't look good...

Thanks Tea for the great post.BTW, how did you get to meet so many famous people in your avatar's? I've only read about those people and you have pics of them!

7. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Thanks teay for the reminder. I kept forgetting to send mine off in the mail. I ended up doing it this morning online through paypal. Quick, easy, and painless. This is a great place to be a part of.

Shelby

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for supporting the BOC brother, it is much appreciated.

Glad you found Paypal easy, that is how I do it.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Rest assured that when I have more than two nickels to rub together I will send mine in.Money is beyond tight at the moment. Start work monday. When Im out of the red it will be sent

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

You're right on target Matt. As I've said before, I cannot put a price on the fun, friendship, family and wealth of info I've gained since joining the BOC :smile2:!

When you wish upon a star (wonder what that wish might be?)
    Makes no difference who you are (lots of different members, so glad one of 'em's ME)
    Anything your heart desires (might it be a monster catfish?)
    Will come to you (that's everyone's wish :big_smile:)

If your heart is in your dream (like Paul's is)
    No request is too extreme (please donate and help support HIS)
    When you wish upon a star (or three or four or even more)
    As dreamers do (make it a reality, that's what this site is for)

Fate is kind (you're here -aren't you?)
    She brings to those to love (catfishing, doesn't matter WHO)
    The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing (a big ole channel, flat or blue)

Like a bolt out of the blue (your home water)
    Fate steps in to see you through (on the BOC, your skills will get HOTTER!)
    When you wish upon a star (just like a l'il kid)
    Your dreams come true (I know mine did :smile2:)

http://catfish1.com/starmember/

Folks, please "wish upon a star". You'll be glad you did!

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I once read in this fine site why should I donate the B.O.C. has done nothing for me. The person that posted those words should step back and just think! If you have met one person on this site that become your friend than the donation was worth it. If you have read a funny joke, the donation was worth it. If you attended a gathering, the donation was worth it. Be a giver not a taker, I have been a member for almost 5 years now and have donated every year. I have been proud to do so,I will continue to Donate.

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I could'nt take it any longer. Lots of new "BOATS" lots of new "GEAR" and lots of questions about what reel and rod to buy. Yet,no star.

13. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    so how do you get a star?

how do you get your rank level up??

what are the gold coins for?

if I want to donate where do I send it?

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Andrew!
    Go to my post on the first page of this thread and you will find a link on how to become a star member and where/how to send donations. Your rank goes up with the posts you make. The gold coins can be used to enter some of the contests here on the BOC. You get one gold coin for each post you make, and two for each thread you start.

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    To put it in perspective as to why I am not proudly displaying a star. I just moved on limited funds and today had to tuck my tail to borrow Money from my mother in NJ to keep the lights on. It bothers me not to have my star up there yet its April and Im not happy that its not there but there arent many alternatives at the moment. I start work next week and even after a few weeks of steady income I have major back bills that are built up that can inflict major consequences if not paid so my appologies if it isnt up soon

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Understand brother, trust me. Been there, was not trying to point anyone out. Just get the word out about the importance of being a Star member.

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Can we get a sticky for this or one of the other threads mentioning the same thing? Bear in mind I think that being a star member is great and I think if you do get anything out of this site that you got out of Insider Mag or anyother thing that you have paid 10 beans for you could probably afford the 10 for this. Im not knocking on anyone creating threads but it gets a little unnerving to see 2 or more thread all about the same thing. Lets just creat a sticky thread where we can post to profess what you can get out of this site with the URL (link) to where to go to get a star.

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Im not tryin to be snappy I just wanted to get it out as to why I didnt have a star yet. I mean after all the freinds and knowledge Ive gained from this place its bothering me that I have not been able to show my support this far into the year.

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

what in the world are you talking about?

20. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    His previous post he mentions it Phil. Its pretty much post like this that make me want to just pass over them but I cant. I dont want to know the financials of everyone here on this Board. That is why I made the sugestion to make a sticky where it will always be there and with a link where to donate. Last year someone did the same for me as far as buying a star and this year I did it myself. But bashing people into donating is just wrong. I dont mean that anyone is bashing people per se but making multiple threads on the same exact thing is why some people dont want to come back.

Im here to meet people and learn about the fine art of fishing. I have a great time and have had great times with some of the members of here. But to see every year that someone will post a thread on getting a star is just............ That is why the sticky would better serve than multiple threads. This is my opinion and Im sorry if it hurts anyone.