When would you do and what bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CATFISHGARY1, May 18, 2008.

1. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    if you could only fish during a season ,if it was like hunting season when would you go and you could only choose twice a year and what would be your bait of choice

2. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    probubly sometime in feb with cut bait and sometime in mid oct with whole shad hope this helps gary

3. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina

Lets see Id believe Id have to pick Spring-Summer....Bite good in tha spring and ya just cant put a price on Beautiful NC summer evenins!! As for bait, Natural Forage to that body of water!

4. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I WOULD HAVE TO SAY SPRING AND SUMMER AND MY BAIT OF CHOICE WOULD BE SHAD OR GILLS (CUT BAIT):big_smile:

5. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    I'd have to say mid-spring, or early fall with a 3-4 inch bluegill danglin' about 18 inches off the bottom.

6. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    thats what i like to see ill tell you mine would be when the start of shad in late winter -early spring and lat summer when those monster flatties are turning it up eel and live bream

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    mine would be early may with live bream and live eel and mid october with live and cut eel when the big cats are going crazy. I had a night in october of 05 and caught over 250lbs in 6hrs but of course I cant tell you the exact spot but it was on the best cat river in the state, The NEUSE!!!!!!

8. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    i know what you mean brother been there and done that on the same river got the pics also dont show it to much to many people might see the spot i was at

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    March in the Cape Fear and I'd be using eel. Had a great spring this year(for us anyway). Sept. and October at Sutton using the biggest live green sunfish I can get or using a half of a bluegill. We got a bunch of flatheads last year around that time and we hooked some monsters and my buddy landed one that was close to 50. Can't wait to start fishing out there again.