When will winter be over?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by delawareriver, Apr 16, 2007.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    as im writing this im watching it snow/ sleet/ hail and the delaware river rising up in my grand parents back yard. another 6 or 7 feet and there will be water in the basement. now with all this said where is all the spring weather ive been waiting for?? im really itiching for those summer nights sitting next to the fire and catching some cats.

2. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    :lol: It was your (PA) ground hog, Punxsutawney Phil that indicated it would be an early spring.......you must be mistaken about snow in mid April. According to the web site Punxsutawney Phil is 120 year old and is correct 100% of the time.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chuck you said it all. Someone needs to stop fishing and go groundhog hunting. Get rid of that lying hog.:lol: :smile2:

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I was doing very well fishing the local river up until the cold weather. With the noreaster hitting up the Delaware Valley last weekend, I'm positive the water temps has gone down and will take a week or so to get back. Hope this does not ruin the spring shad run.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    that lying, senile ground rat needs to be put infront of a firing squad.

6. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Dont blame the little critter, he's got nothin to do with it. Get them guy's with them black stove pipe hat's on there head. They pull that little guy out of his hole at 7:00 AM in the morning, hell the sun hasent even come yet, Hooos kidding ho here. Here's lookin down my driveway 75 day after the fact:sad2:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    This weather is killing me!:crazy: I went fishing today and froze my butt off! (report on the Allegheny thread)I think it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week!:eek:oooh:

8. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    wow, ur a brave man! even if the river was fishable i dont think i would have been out in the rain and snow. at least this weekend still looks good