When will the rain stop? YIKES!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by buddah, Jun 27, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Hello fellow Pa. brethern. I'm just about ready to throw out my catfishing lines over the front porch! If the rain keeps coming like it is the fishing will be ruined for weeks!!! UGH. Anyone else have the "stuck in the house blues"?

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am!!!!! The crick behind my house is rising prettys streadily. I have been waiting to hit th upper ohio river Ohio and West virgina but I don't know now what were gonna do.

Josh

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The rain is a real bummer! Sat. night had one of the best nights of Catfishing ever and Sunday I'm worried about my house being flooded! They were calling for heavy rains Tues. so I was all nervous again cause the stream in my yard is still runnin' high and another heavy downpour would bring back the chance of flooding! Yoi and double yoi!!! Hopefully things will dry out soon!

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    LOTS of flooding around here. Flood gates were opened and most of downtown (Jersey Shore Pa.) has been evacuated!!

5. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Jay how close are you to williamport? I'm coming up to williamport on July 15 for a camping trip. We own 100 acres 50 miles out of town. But one night we planed on coming down and doing some night fishing. I have never fished up that way I need some good spots!!!

Josh

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It is finially drying out here. We've got nailed lately though. Gla we could send some your way. LMAO

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I feel sorry for all the brothers in the northeast. You want enough water to keep the fish alive, but I think you have far more than you need. Reminds me of my state, just a few weeks ago...burn bans, low lakes, low rivers, ponds dried up...then we got a little rain to turn the grass green again, now we we are headed back to low rivers, low lakes, dry ponds, and possible burn bans. Nature sure seems to be against fishermen. You'll be lucky if most of your cats don't become salt water catfish. LOL... Keep your feet dry, button up and stay safe. This too, will pass.

8. suddawg

suddawg New Member

They've been showing a lot of rescue footage in PA with the flooding here on Armed Forces Network. Hope all goes well for you guys.

SudDawg

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    one of the 2 ways I go to work is flooded and closed, the way my wife goes is also flooded out. I wanna go fishing but cant with all this flooding. My wife is hinting to my brother to take us out on his boat for the 4th of July but I dont know if thats gonna pan out since its a speed boat and not a real boat with a live well. whoa is me and my PA brothers and sisters! ohh and if thats not bad enough i work for the local cable company in customer service. I feel bad for the customers who have no service right now because peds are under water or roads are closed due to flooding so the techs cant get to their homes to restore service.

10. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

to all who do not have boats: come to pa and fish from your cars, if there is no water near your car just give it a few minutes and your car will become a boat, this is horrible...i work for a towing company and i will tell ya most of our calls for cars when we get there they are either surrounded or submerged in water... have not found any cat fish when opening cars yet....but i am hopefull!!!!:big_smile:

11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    If You guys want You can send some of that rain here to Kansas, We could sure use some of it!!!! not all just some!!!!!

Hopefully you all will dry out soon, good luck and be safe!!!!

12. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    all my prayers going out to any one who lives near a river near this area or any area that receives a flood. i helped my grandparents move everything out of the basement last night and out of the house today. last night you could see the water in the grass down a 15 foot wall and when we left it was reaching the top. the river was starting to come up through the street in front of his house which is bad because river is actually behind his house. well it had another foot before it entered the house but there expecting about 3 to 5 feet in the house. my grandparents are getting way to old for all this moving! well i guess the real work starts Friday once the water comes down and we can get back into the house. best luck to anyone the lives or knows any one on the rivers and streams.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck delawareriver! I know all too well the horrible feeling of watching flood water come up and enter your home! It just totally sucks! We are just having some bizarre weather anymore! I wish you well and hope your Grandparents are OK! Take care of them!

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Schuylkill here in Philly won't be fishable for a long time.

15. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I went down to the allgheny last night and Frankly it was moving all that fast. I'm excited to get out this weekend!

Josh

16. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Josh, that was a good enough recommendation for me. I'm heading to lock and dam 6 tonight and am going to hope for the best in water conditions.

17. Gone fishin 4 kittys

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Tim Good Luck on the water!!!:go::go::go:

On a side note -- If you just going because i told that it didn't look real fast, I was below the last lock on the allgheny river so it might not be as high, flood gates. Six is in Kittaning which flooded to.

But fishing in bad current is better than not fishing!!

Josh

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Josh - Lock #6 is Clinton. Kittanning is Lock #7. The water dropped a couple feet from Thurs. to Friday. It is still pretty off colored but should be fishable over the weekend.

19. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Well, the river was fishable but not too much fun. :sad2: Caught a few small channels and a few drum but it was a pretty slow night. Hopefully as the river goes back down the fishing will go up.:roll_eyes:

20. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Hey guys havent talked for a while but lately the lower allegheny has been fishable but very slow. I caught a 10# drum on a shiner but other than that and a couple dozen small rock bass the chocolate milk river has been pretty slow. Hopefully the next couple days will bring the river back to normal. Nothin beats time on the water. Good Fishin