when to start

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by pfoster, Feb 1, 2008.

1. pfoster

pfoster New Member

State:
    kansas
    Guys I mainly run limblines on a small river/creek. The cold of winter is driving me crazy. So what I would like to know is when do I start setting and running lines? Do I start mid March or should I wait until April or May?

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Don't know I rod and reel only. Tends to be a lot funner. setting lines is more work then it is fun.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Call me crazy but I agree with Crazy.lol.But seriously I have ran into so many lines left by "fisherman" that its not even funny.Id imagine that you could set them anytime with the most success in late march through mid april.

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i like to start when the night crawlers start to come out the first warm rain we get
    my kids get out there and catch about 500 of them and then we go fishing and jerk some lips thats when i know its time to start
    most years its in march or april
    in march on warm days i might go out and catch a few channels but when we have the first of the crawlers i get excited

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Phil, I shore and boat fish, the only time we quit is when the lake freezes over. If there's open water between the ice and the shore, we'll fish it.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    as soon as water temp warms

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ill probally start hitting the water next month :big_smile:

8. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    my favorite time is during the spawn the months of may and june around here. But I've set them in early april and caught some numbers of chanel cats. Watch your water temp. I'm sure you could try earlier... fish always got to eat something.