When to start chasin` cats

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by zeboman, Feb 10, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ll start in March,I`ll also post fishing reports from time to time.

2. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    :0a25: Welcome to the BOC. Great infomration and great people on here. I start as soon as the water temp heats up above 50 or so. Never really caught any cats besides bullheads in march.

3. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Z-man,
    I started last weekend. SLOW start, but it'll heat up real soon. Welcome aboard,
    Bigwhiskers

4. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Dan welcome to the BOC the only time im not chasing them is during the spawn and during hunting season. Any other time it on!!!:wink::big_smile:

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WELCOME TO THE BOC ,I FISH YEAR ROUND

6. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Welcome to BOC, it's already started:wink: As soon as the ice go's away it's time.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I would love to fish year around.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dan, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't stop if ya are chasein blues. Channels about 48 degrees. Flatheads I don't know a thing about. LOL! Welcome to the family!:cool2:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I will begfinfishing forchannelsbelowdamsin April. At the endof April, I morph into a flathunter. Exclusively flatheads!

Welcome, I know you will like it here!

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    zeboman - Welcome to the B.O.C! :0a25: :0a23: Jump right in and make yourself at home! :big_smile:

12. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Hey guys, anyone seen these new adds for the hummingbird fish finders with the side imaging, seen the ads on tv they look awesome the way the picture the bottom, they ought to be great for finding flat territory,and structure does any body have any experience with them. I am thinking about looking into buying one but I would like some info from you pros on here. Thanks guys and drag the big ones in this year.

13. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    This is just me personally, but i probably wont start until the temp's hover in the 60's. Which around here tends to be mid April or so. Maybe I start poking when the temp hit the high 50's.--lol cant wait-

14. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    well im going to follow what you guys say lol.. just got out of the military last Aug when i started fishin for Flats so i realy only have 1/2 a season under my bely... but i sure am looking forward to the season !

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    march-may Im chasing crappies & trout the when it warms up I'll be out looking for cats.

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The beginning of May has been when I see the Flatheads start to bite. Its all depending on the water temp.! Once the water temp. climbs above 50* things start to happen. Channel Cats can be caught much earlier or year round if you fish the N. Branch of the Susquehanna! :wink: :big_smile:

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Blacky, head out to the dam right now. Use cut shad or sucker or something. If the river is high, look for current breaks, any place the current is just a tic slower than the main current will do. Even if its 1ft off the bank. Just try it a couple times. Change baits every 15-20 minutes. Fish durring the daytime, a couple of days of stable weather and a little sunshine will do wonders too. The big Channels are under the dams right now. They might not hit every day but if you go a few times you'll connect.

18. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Great advice, but he might have to wait a while. We just had an ice storm last night. :crazy:

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I would love to give her a go Skip, but the ice strom combined with the 20 degree weather might have to put a little dela on this one.

20. YUKON JACK

YUKON JACK New Member

State:
    WASHINGTON
    i wait until grasshoppers and mormon crickets come out for channel cats. that is my go to bait for channel cats on shallow mud flats!:big_smile: