When they Runnin

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfish joe, May 6, 2006.

1. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    About what month do the Hawgs start gettin active in the Ohio i hope its soon ive been every weekend since before thunder and only get a few bites... :waaaht:

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Joe, I haven't caught any hogs lately, but I have been tearing up the channels anf flats from 0 to 10 pounds. Fish right along the bank and dont pass up any structure especially logs, stumps and log jams. Vern

3. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks for the info. vlparrish. I've really been wanting to fish the OHIO River-(Madison or Carrollton area)-for a while, but I can't get a partner.
    I've got a boat that I share, but my old fishing buddy always has it and takes his brother. Any ideas on local fishing spots that are easy to get to?

4. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    right now the big blues are feeds and getting ready to nest. weve been catching below dams. all the bait fish are there now so thats where the cats are

5. Katwrangler

Katwrangler New Member

State:
    Bonnieville,Kentucky
    Cattin fever 99
    Good launch ramp west side of Carrolton on US 42. Public park launches into the Ky River. Some old pilings up stream a few miles. Can always access downstream Markland there too. Up stream, a few miles past Warsaw,is Sugar Bay, a bait shop, and launch ramp. go upstream on Ohio, about 2 miles , there is a feeder creek at what calleds Steel's Bottom, watch when the dam lowers the water level, current in creek changes, hold onto your rod!
    KatWrangler