when they gonna start biting

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jul 26, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    It seems they have been real slow here lately. Not just for me but for a lot of other people too. I would like for people to put in their two cents of when it will pick up. First off is the spawn over? I figure it should be but maybe not. Whats your thoughts? Any body got any predictions of when it's gonna get better?

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I say its gonna get better on August 8th, 2009 at 6:am. That is if the sun shines on the right side of the cottonwood and the blue barrel is out of the water. But of course if the sunken barge is still wet then you got to start all over. :tounge_out::big_smile:

3. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I can only hope too that it end's soon. Im getting tired of going out to just go out, and expecting something and getting nothing.:eek:oooh:

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    with all the wierd weather we have had, and the rainfall which seemed to stick around for so long, i am inclined to believe that the various spawning times for catfish have been backed up on to eachother. i did an experiment in april and may and found that the rain fall had an average temp of about 55 degrees. my theory is that the constant changing of the water temp, from the cold rainfall kept pushing back the spawn of all species of cats, and now we have to wait for the delayed spawn to be completed. a time frame is hard to come by as different areas tend to have different eviromental effects on them. in addition to that, the nearly constant rising and falling of the waters will move the fish to find areas with less fluctuation so they have a good spot to nest. i would expect that the end of august will bring the bite back in a big way, and progressively get better till its climax. but thats just one guys theory, who knows....maybe bob is right. august 8th sounds good to me