When the water gets up

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by catman529, Oct 24, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just a little info, if you didn't already know...

When it rains and the creek or river rises, the cats will most likely be biting. Last cat I caught in our creek was when the water went up only about 1/2 foot higher than normal. Most recent fishing trip was terrible, water low and clear and not a bite. I hope this helps.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Icouldnt agree more ive had the same experiences here when it rains enough to push water into the lak from the creeks that feed into it go up the creekarm and you can slay em

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have been told the fish go to the outlets for worms and stuff to wash in the water:big_smile:

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    My fishin stuff is ready to go days before it rains. If I see rain on the forcast I get no sleep like a kid on Christmas Eve. These days I probably dont fish as much other times cause fishin in the rain has made me spoiled

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Being spoiled by the rain in my opinion is better that catching less fish!:big_smile:

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have personally seen this happen.My uncle always use to say years ago that was the best time to go!And he was right!Good fishin even if it is sloppy outside:big_smile:

7. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    caught my best cats in the rain