When Smokers Quit.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jun 4, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    NOW DON'T GET THE IDEA THAT I'M PREACHING CAUSE I'M NOT.JUST AN INTERESTING ARTICLE.
    20 MINUTES !! BLOOD PRESSURE DROPS TO NORMAL- pULSE RATE DROPS TO NORMAL-bODY TEMPOF HANDS AND FEETINCREASESTO NORMAL.
    8 HOURS!! CARDON MONOXIDE LEVELIN BLOOD DROPS TO NORMAL- OXYGENLEVELIN BLOOD INCREASES TO NORMAL
    24 HRS!! CHANCE OF HEART ATTACK DECREASES
    48 HRS. NERVE ENDINGS START REGROWING- ABILITY TO SMELL AND TASTE IS ENHANCED.
    2 WEEKS TO3 MONTHS!CIRCULATION IMPROVES-WALKING BECOMES EASSIER-LUNG FUNCTION INCREASES UP TO30%
    1 TO 9 MONTHS!! COUGHING,SINUS,FATIGUE,SHORTNESS OF BREATH DECREASES-CILIA REGROW IN LUNGS.INCREASEING ABILITYTO HANDLEMUSUS,CLNTHE LUNGS,REDUCEINFECTION.
    BODYS OVERALL RNERGY INCREASES.
    1 YEAR!! EXCESS RISK OF CORONARY HEART DISEEASE IS HALF OF THAT OF A SMOKER.
    5 YEARS!! LUNG CANCER DEATH RATE FOR AVG FORMER SMOKER(ONE PK A DAY)DECREASES BY ALMOST HALF.
    10 YEARS!! LUNG CANCER DEATH RATE SIMILAR TO THAT OF NON SMOKERS.-PRECANCEROUS CELLS ARE REPLACED.-RISK OF CANCER OF THE MOUTH,THROAT,ESOPHAGUS,BLADDER,KIDNEYAND OANCREAS DECREASES.
    15 YEARS!! RISK OF HEART DISEASE IS THAT OF A NON SMOKER.

SO PLEASE IF YOU SMOKE TRY QUITTING AND YOU KIDS IF YOU HAVEN'Y STARTED PLEASE DON'T. YOUR BODY WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. SAID I WASN'T GOING TO PREACH ,BUT GUESS I SORT OF DID HUH. WISH ID OF KNOW THE AFFECT OF SMOKING 50 SOME YRS AGO. STUPIDIST THING I EVER DID. SMARTEST WAS QUITTING.

GOD BLESS!!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is a great thread, I dont smoke but it makes ya think. Amazing what cigaretts do to ya and how quitting helps your health so much.

3. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    I Havent Smoked In A Week And I Can Already Tell The Difference.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    tomorrow im gonna tell both my parents all of this stuff....

so maybe they will quit and also u know how much money is saved by not smoking....... a lot!!!

thanks for posting

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I've been clean now for 30 days 5 hrs and 46 minutes! Man do I want a .... Naw, glad I quit.

6. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    14 weeks and 1 day for me. Man do I feel better. Also the money I use to spend on cigerrettes I now spend on fishing tackle.

7. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i never smoked a cig in my life...was thinking about starting up, it would help me lose that extra weight i put on since i hurt myself in december. thinking about using the patch for awhile first, so when i start somking, i can go right to a two pack a day habit. my boats paid off so i can afford the extra 250 buck a month habit. also i can bond with my fellow smokers at work, you know...standing outside in the rain enjoying a puff...i hope i can start spitting up that nasty stuff right away too....:smile2:

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jeff as a smoker I would say that they already know this, it has got to be the most addictive crap I have done. Keep bugging them, I told my family to do this to me but they forgot. I know all of the facts but still corrode my body due to being addicted to the junk. Most smokers know all of this but will still light up. I would say just keep bugging them and reminding them everyday if you can. They will get mad and they will probably be crabby for awhile but after the effects wear off they will be alot better.

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

already there,....

yeah when i say somethin to them about quiting they get all mad and stuff lol but if thats what i gotta do.....

10. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I quit aprill 3rd 1977 and it was the best thing I ever did. A pack of smokes when I quit was 43 cents a pack. I have some friends that smoke and I hear them complain about paying the huge prices they pay I just say quit you will have more money for your hobbys.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I believe your Mental Heath is beyond help.Man oh man! If you really believe this,I think that you are as crazy as I am.I have quit smoking for years twice,and gone back to smoking.The third time,I have been quit for over 5 years after getting a reaction to all smoke.I physically cain;t smoke.BUT I still want one ever now and then.Quiting can not undo the Heart Disease and Cancer that that has me disabled and terminally ill.I THINK and HOPE you are joking.If you ain;t.There aint any hope for you.peewee-williams

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yes,people often get mad at people because they love them.We all have.Stupid ain;t it? Best of luck.peewee-williams

13. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    both my parents have smoked all my life.i never thought i would end up like them. started when i was 19 working in a blast furnace. smoked for about a year and a half and decided to quit. did good for about 6 months and started again. then quit again, then started again, but now i've been clean for 4months now. its still really hard at times,especially fishing with my buddy that does smoke. gary is right extremely addictive, most people underestimate the power of nicotine.i'm one of them. i dont know why,but smoking seems to be magical at releiving stress, thats one thing i loved about it

14. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Being that I've smoked for over 20 years, the longest I was ever able to stay away from them being about 2 months, I'd LOVE to be able to quit, but I just can't. Now, with being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and such, the doctors have even told me NOT to try quitting at this time due to the hightened anxiety and stress that it would cause me. I hate the damned things and wish to Christ I'd never picked them up, but both my folks smoked and UI started when I was about 14.

15. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I quit smoking about 2 years ago. It was a good choice. It is an expensive addiction.

16. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    yes sir i am joking, about wanting to start. i was lucky i guess, both my parents smoked and most of my buds in school smoked or chewed. i never did...my wife smoked for twenty years, she quit on july 19th 2005 and did it cold turkey......now she put on 20 lbs, but i got her with me working out the rest of the summer, i will trim it back off her! see yall, charlie r