When It Rains It Pours!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Oct 24, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My wife's grandmother passed away last night! My water line exploded in the basement this morning! Went to the local hardware for parts, they didn't carry anything in 1" PVC. Went to town to Lowe's. To come home to find I bought the wrong size coupler to tie into the other pipe! Think I will just sit down and have a beer at 11:00 am!:confused2: WHAT ELSE!? rollo

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

b e sure to hit up church tomorow..it may help to ease the pain brotha..as far as the pipe,...may all PVC be used to fuel teh fires of Hades :smile2: Pop a top and watch soem college football:big_smile:

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    take a deep breath buddy . she is on abetter place yes everyone say that but i belive it . hold them babies claim down and look at what you have . the pipe is small stuff dont sweat the small stuff.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry about the loss man. Hope you recover soon.

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah bro, plumming always sux! Cant remember a time when it didnt. Hope ya got it straightened out without too much frustration.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I really don't like plumbin' just had to do a bunch of it myself recently- everytime I do, I never seem get everything in just one trip-ever.
    I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss bro, having plumbing problems is the last thing you need- I know it.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Let me tell ya what I did.
    Went to Lowes. Grabbed a 5 gallon bucket in the paint section.
    Walked to the plumbing section and filled that sucker with all kinds of PVC fittings from 1/2" to 1".
    Next time I didn't have what I needed I went and bought another 5 gallon bucket full.

I'm set hoss.
    I could supply Lowe's with fittings.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The ole man came over to give a hand or to take charge! LOL.. He even made a comment when I asked him a question, " You questioning my plumbing?" We got er all together, let it set for a good while to make sure the glue setup. Must of been some water run into the coupler because when I reset the pressure tank, and it reached around 40 pounds the ole mans work came apart!:smile2: He was lucky enough to be standing right there to see it blow! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: rollo

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sorry to hear about your Grandma Bro! Its sounds like your having a rough day for sure! Keep your head up bro with every death there is life!

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that does sound like a crappy day, i would of turned off the water at the main and cracked a cold one for sure, plumming always goes better with atleast a 6 pack:wink:

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Still not fixed!:angry: Seems my pressure tank is over pressurizing and keeps blowing lines! Anyone know anything about regulators and if they go bad? rollo

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Contacts stuck on your switch? Flip the 220 breaker before you stick a screw driver in it.... lol.

If it's an ordinarry ol' pressure switch they're cheap and easy to replace.
    I usually have to replace mine once every year or two

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
  14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
  15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yep I had one of those.... didnt work out real good for me. Everytime I'd water the lawn or say... fill-up a barrel to run my ob - the darn thing would shut off on me. Drove me nuts. my PT and switch is down in a well pit. lol

A bigger pt would've solved it- but it wouldnt fit through the access hole.

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had enough for today, and the last 24 hours! good evening folks! rollo

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    or 2 or 3...4,5,6:eek:oooh:

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lacked off Walt. Needed to make sure I got her fixed first. N0W WE CAN Start counting!:smile2::roll_eyes: Seriously, we have to much going on now. Cold ones sound nice, but that is gonnna have to wait! We have to get all the funeral and family arrangements together...... rollo

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sorry about granny . prayers for the family. As far as plumbing goes, if your like me,,,prayers for you friend. It'll get better, hang tough.