When is the river gonna be ready?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by bnt55, Feb 18, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I am chomping at the bit to get out on the Ohio and drop a line or ten, right now we are still in the lower 30's ft range and it is coffee cream color! Has anyone had much luck fishing the river when it's so discolored and running like it is? I think I'll start fishing after this cold spell we are getting this week.

Bill

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I was looking at accu weather this morning and they are saying it is suppose to be in the upper 50's the last of next week. So it sounds to me like that will be good enough to be fishing. As for coffee/cream color go for it can't catch nothing on the couch at home. I've caaught some good fish in that color water early in the year (March) in particular.

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I normally don't fish the Ohio River, but it's better than not fishing at all.:cool2:

4. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    well we are blessed with 3 rivers in our back yard ohio-sandy-guyandotte man should catch a fish huh:smile2:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I would think if we can get 3 or 4 days of warm days in a row the odds would be increased greatly on catching some cats

6. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Bill, the fish don't care what the temp is out of the water. The temp is the same under the water. This weekend looks like a good time to go because the water is stablizing.Like Ken said, as for the color it doesn't matter. Most catchfish don't use ther eyes anyway. I'll be on the Ohio Sunday with reels screaming...

7. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Looks like the end of next week for me. Hopefully spring will start early this year.

Thanks
    Bill

8. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    went out today, no luck did find some smaller shad at the warm water outflow but no big fish to be found:sad2:.