When is best is best time to fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by pitbull, Jan 11, 2007.

1. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    WHEN IS BEST LOW TIDE? HIGH TIDE? OR WHEN TIDE IS GOING IN ? OR OUT?? HOPE U GUYS CAN HELP ME THANK U :cool2:

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Allen.Im sure someone in your area will answer your question.

3. RTB

RTB New Member

State:
    Va
    Well, at least it is for me. I fish the James river at City Point here in Hopewell Va. I catch more fish at high tide then I do low. Really don't know why.....

4. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Lately the bite has been better for me as the tide is nearing its finish whether it be incoming or outgoing. As the water slows the bite seems to pick up for an hour or so before the end and after the start. Best part about it is the reverse doesn't take too long. Hope this is of help to you. I'll be in a small tri-hull 16ft with 70 Johnson. Stop by and say hello if you see me out there. Later for now---jonnycat

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Allen I can't give you a tidal answer but I think a good time to go fishing is anytime you get the chance.( Not ment to be a smart answer) When you get older or tied down to work you will understand my comment.:big_smile:

6. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i dont think anyone except the catfish knows when he or she is going to bite. i fish whenever i can and hope thats the right time. ive noticed in my area they seem to bite at almost the same time every night. sppend some time in one spot to try to get used to the way things work in your area. hope i could help.

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Allen I have find over the years that in the colder waters the best fishing times will be around slack tides just before and right as tide has changed. Seems the big fish don't like the high currents. When you have fast moving currents I try to find a spot away from the current and do ok then.

As the waters warm slack tides will be hit to get fish to bite.

Right now I try to set trip around slack tides and have been doing very well.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    All I will say is that tide direction will determine where ya will fish. Outgoin, mouths of feeder creeks. Incomein, the side of a rock jetty that the tide is hittin against. Just a couple of examples.