Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
3,004 Posts
That was then, this is now. Common practice. Even music is different now trends come and go. Skinny pants was in for a while and still is. Super tight. Not my thanga thing either. Nowadays you front someone about that you can get killed so much disrespect is out there.

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Need to have some roll models address the problem.....

"You need to dress the part" if you want to get ahead these days....

When I was a kid, people who wore there hat crooked, pants half off, and shoes untied Road the short Bus.
When some kid puts in an application for a job.... There will be an interview.... and that is personal...

Folks hire for a position and ethnic or affiliations as such may hinder employment....

As an educator..... I addressed the proper attire in my classroom.... if you wanted to wear the low shit in other classes.... that was ok with me...... but not in mine....

But I was and still am a traditionalist when it come to education and class or school rules...

· Registered
104 Posts
When i was a kid i can't remember seeing anyone with there pants half on and wereing their hat crooked. I know that if my dad saw me walking around like that i would be picking by butt off the foor after my dad gave me the back of his hand. If i was lucky we would have one of his oneway conversations instead.

· Banned
3,004 Posts
Need to have some roll models address the problem.....

"You need to dress the part" if you want to get ahead these days....

When some kid puts in an application for a job.... There will be an interview.... and that is personal...

Folks hire for a position and ethnic or affiliations as such may hinder employment....

As an educator..... I addressed the proper attire in my classroom.... if you wanted to wear the low shit in other classes.... that was ok with me...... but not in mine....

But I was and still am a traditionalist when it come to education and class or school rules...

Problem with role models is that there are very few aside from basketball, football, or entertainment - music, movies, etc. Not too many people come back into the community to address the problem. Once they leave - they are gone living the high life. One thing about me that I got from my father is that I can associate with anybody. From a bum on the street to a top executive. My father was very similar even with his education he still never forgot where he came from and still took up time with his family that did not achieve what he achieved - including a drug dealing brother and hustler - who since then changed his ways and he and I are very close now. He now have similar values as my father and we talk regularly.

But not everybody is communicable like that willing to help and share with others. I work with many youth in the past and even gang members from college up to now with the Omegas Psi Phi fraternity to group homes and boys uplifted in Los Angeles that I participated in. Lots of these people have no role model except the gangster and the drug dealer on the corner. Their father may be one I ran into a few of those myself. Some momma may be one as well. The rest stay at a group home, foster care, ETC. If more people got involved and did something that would help out. Like take the kids fishing or something like I have. Being a former gang member myself I can relate to a lot of their issue. Being shot and shot at I can relate to as well. Someone reached out to me and helped my get thru it - my father - but not all is so lucky to have a involved father.

The minorities in Los Angeles schools have a high drop out rate. Like 5 out of 10 or something like that. That is the problem more so than dressing the part. They are what they are due to environment and not too many venture out like wildfire on their own and make it. Most had someone plant a seed for them to grow on.

Do not really see affirmative action being a problem either like some may do but that is another topic. Folks also hire to pay the cheapest salary and not always the most qualified or best educated. It happened to me a few times. " We have to pay you too much" or you would have to work at the same salary as the high school graduates. Most college graduates is not willing to do that. Have to pay back student loans like I do from 40,000 to 100,000 for a lot of them.

· Registered
5,458 Posts

Thanks for the reply..... I agree with you....

Cant wait for the politians to do anything.... just lip service.....Roll models dont go around acting like the scumm bags that are bad roll models for the sports.....

It isn't just the blacks and Mexicans in sports.... its the non-ethnic as well.....

When i was a kid i can't remember seeing anyone with there pants half on and wereing their hat crooked. I know that if my dad saw me walking around like that i would be picking by butt off the foor after my dad gave me the back of his hand. If i was lucky we would have one of his oneway conversations instead.
The roll models given....Problem with role models is that there are very few aside from basketball, football, or entertainment - music, movies,

Most of the ones listed are the scum bags....

The ones that promote the sports are not the "high buck" dudes..... As far as entertainment... "give me a break".... some are true givers to humanity.....

I'm sorry..... but lots of the good ones are gone and the shit is floating on the top....LOL

· Banned
3,004 Posts

Thanks for the reply..... I agree with you....

Cant wait for the politians to do anything.... just lip service.....Roll models dont go around acting like the scumm bags that are bad roll models for the sports.....

It isn't just the blacks and Mexicans in sports.... its the non-ethnic as well.....

The roll models given....Problem with role models is that there are very few aside from basketball, football, or entertainment - music, movies,

Most of the ones listed are the scum bags....

The ones that promote the sports are not the "high buck" dudes..... As far as entertainment... "give me a break".... some are true givers to humanity.....

I'm sorry..... but lots of the good ones are gone and the shit is floating on the top....LOL

The entertaining givers are not the ones celebrated by the youth. Its rappers that gets locked up. Movie actors thats gets caught with cocaine, even sports figures like Big Ben that kids look up too that are celebrated.

People put them on a role modeling ladder. They make big money. People want to make big money like them as well one day even though in reality most never make it to that goal. The humitarians that do lot of things very few come to watts or Compton to do it. They go to Africa or Haiti. That is a reason why a lot of impoverished people can not relate to them or have any knowledge of what good things they do. Sports figure like Shaq and other give out toys and other things to kids in the projects yearly. These are the kids that needs to see these things. The ones that in jeopardy of falling into categories or statistics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.