When I see This Icon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    When I see this icon :0a30: it remindes me of all the home made remedies my mother would give to all her childern.

1 Castor Oil once a month : To clean out your system.

2 Black Draught : For constipation.

3 Sulphur and Molasses : To purify the blood so we would not get boils.

4 Turpentine : For stepping on a rusty nail.

:0a30: :0a30: :0a30: :0a30:

:cat:

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    all that and your still kicking brother....wow...lol

3. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    dont it seem that those remedys either work way better than the store bought stuff or the dont work at all

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    When i was a kid, and i got a cut my grandmother would go out in the garden and get some kind of leaf. She would tape it on the cut, said it would draw out the dirt and poison. I remember it felt soothing, and the leaf soaked up the blood. Ya had to have your prune juice every morning to stay regular. If you got a sty in your eye she would put a warm wet tea bag on the eye. I still use that one it works well.

5. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol..now days we just take tylenoial..it fixes ever thing:big_smile:

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I used to hate even looking at that "Hot Water Bag" hanging on the shower curtain rod!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Ace, only had a few home made growing up. But yeah, they were nasty.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have to smile too.You may have felt so bad that you wanted to die,but you LIED! The cures were far worse than any ailments.I am not allowed to take Tylenol as it reacts somehow with one or more of the 16 different medications that they have me on.Now I have consumed my share of Ace;s "cures"plus a few more,such as drinking the boiled water off of rusty nails for iron.NO!Those were not the "Good old days"when a woman thought you were sick.I never knew anyone tough enough to be unafraid of any 90 pound woman armed with any of Ace's list.The biggest and toughest of grown men hid with out with the children.You did not have to be sick.SHE would just decide that it was time.Had the Germans lined the shores of Normandy with little old ladies with Ace's remedies,there would have been no invasion on D-Day.There are some things that will terrorize the bravest of men.If any of you young fellows out there think that you are brave,just try them.The first time is easy.The second time it is impossible to willingly and knowingly do it.peewee-williams