When I die...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I've told my wife that when I die, she's to have me cremated, not buried in a hole somewhere. No sense in wasting money on a box and a rock, and certainly no need to come visit a rock sitting just above a box...

She's fine with that.

But what I *really* want her to do is take some of my ashes, mix them with a jar of Bee-Jay and go catch a few dozen channel cats.

For some reason, she's not onboard with that part of the program.:confused2:

So I may have to settle for just getting my ashes spread on Truman Lake...:smile2:

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Why even waste the money to be cremated? You'll make a lot of cut bait.:smile2:

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I wouldnt call it settling.Thats what I am having done and that is what we did with my Dad. We spread his ashes below Kaw Dam on the Arkansas River in Ok. He wanted me to go fishin when I go to see him and remember all the great times we had there. His soul was there way before we took him there. I, personally, wouldnt have it any other way. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, duh!!!!
    She knows enough about catfishing to know that BEEJAY aint even decent bait. Ask her about Sonny's, she just might go for it.:wink:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Marty, I'd bet good money there are some/a lot of people on this site that would love to feed ya to the fish :wink::smile2:.

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Marty you need to go catch some fish, where brought that funk on ? :crazy:
    I think it would better suit you to become space dust :wink:

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Just planning ahead you know...

Was watching Deadliest Catch the other day and one boat was going by the island where they had buried their father - way up on a hillside on some uninhabited island, overlooking their traditional crab fishing grounds. Got me to thinking about how I want to be dealt with once I'm not quite as witty as you see me now...

That's not a bad idea either... Maybe someone can make a great big home-built rocket and I'll be the payload!

8. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Sounds great to me. Good idea Mr.T lol:smile2::wink:

9. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    I think your half way there, you already smell like stink bait :crazy:.

10. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey T, Are you thinking about checking out in the near future? I was kinda wondering about the Red 240. I would be more then willing to be your Beneficiary. No sense in a boat like that setting around collecting dust. :wink: Let me know if I have to sign something.:smile2::smile2:

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I showed my girlfriend this post lmao ..She sais why spend the money on cremation ? Buy a resturant quailty food prosseser and turn you in to CHUM lmao

12. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    chum,chum,chum,chum,chum........lmao

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have a friend that i go to gatherings with and i told my wife i wanted her to let my friend carry my ashes around and leave a little of me at each gathering.my wife said not no but he no.shes says shes gonna put my ashes on top of the tv where she can gripe at me all the time and then when she dies she wants our son to put my ashes in the box with her so she can gripe threw all eternity.

14. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    A friend of mine saw a group of people dumping a love ones ashes in the river near Miami, Mo. I want mine to be placed in a big scrape on a frosty, early nov. morning.

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Just tell her to get you some of those concrete shoes they use in New York!!lol:eek:oooh::smile2:

16. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    There is a place in Texas if I recall that will load your creamated remains into shotgun shells with shot as shot buffer.
    I told my wife this is what I want to have done and she is good with it. Then give them out to all my friends and we'll all go hunting.:wink:

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Like I said........duckhunters:roll_eyes::smile2:

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Momma was cremated and my brother built a brick monument with removable tops to put her in. It's nice with a rod iron fence around it. It sits in the edge of the pasture. Guess i'll be put in beside her when it's my time but i ain't rushin things. I need an avitar with a big flathead and would like my kids to read my name in some record books. Not just Americas Most Wanted.

19. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    I still have a spot saved for a duck hunt this year for you skip!:wink:
    You need to get that BSS back from your brother though!

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'll just set by the fire and read about it okay? Appreciate the offer though.