When Fishing Lakes And Reservoirs

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mike79, Jun 21, 2006.

1. mike79

mike79 New Member

State:
    west virginia
    It Really Helps To Get A Detailed Map Of Your Fishing Area That Shows Depths, Breaks ,old Road Beds ,etc. Sometimes Just Finding The Right Depth Will Catch You More Fish.have Fun Fishin
    Later Fishin Buddies

2. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sometimes you can talk to the old-timers of the area too. Those that were around when the reservoir was dammed. They may be willing to point out where roads and such used to be.

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    good points indeed, but nothin can replace spendin time on the particular body of water....then you become the guy with the info (oldtimer..lol)

cyas
    rc

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    All post above are true tips. Best $10 I ever spent was on a good lake map. Sometimes you have to explore around and try different spots also for maximum fishing success.

5. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    yes speaking to old tymers will teach you a lot. i have a certain place that i crappie fish and old tymer turned me onto. its an flooded access road surrounded by trees. i learned this about 5 years ago. at the time he told me had been flooded for almost 20 years. its a fun place to fish.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I met some of th old guys at jordan tonight, 12 of them. they even offered to take me out with them but I had to decline. I did spread the word of the BOC even wrote it down for a couple of them So we may be getting some new members. as for the knowledge it was like having a library all my own, I now have about 8 more bank spots to try and 3 are 4 by boat. All on Jordan.