When fishing 12-28-06

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by matt, Dec 28, 2006.

1. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    me and my friend when fishing today and cought a lot of fish about 3 or 4 pound and more but later that night my pole when over i hung it and i thought i was a big flathead on my line when i got it in it was a 4 foot long eel cought it on a freaking nightcrawler it weight was allmost 6 pounds or more has any body ever cought a ell before on a fishing pole thanks will put pic up later thanks

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I sure hope ya kept it and froze it. Great cut bait and holds up very well when frozen.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Only in saltwater. Like Big George said though makes a good cut bait.

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Same here only in Saltwater. Some people say that the fish markets will buy them from ya:roll_eyes:

5. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Looks to much like a snake to me and we dont do snake like looking things. Kinda rates right up there with a gar ,,,,,,,,you beat them with an oar

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    As already said, I hope you saved it, some of the best cut bait I know of in the Rivers, last a long time too. One time, I actually caught 8 Blue Cats on one chunk of eel, and the bait was still fine but they had stopped biting.

7. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    the ell was cought out of lake heartwell

8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Matt that eel makes some of the best sushi, or you can just lightly braze it and serve itwith white rice for a realy good eat. Just don't over cook it, it should be slightly warm when done not cooked thruogh.