When does "winter" pricing run out?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by JPritch, Feb 9, 2007.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I will soon be in the market for a boat, but am working to shore up some other financial items first, like pay off my car (3 payments left), etc.... Just wondering around what month I will begin to lose my bargaining power at a boat dealership due to rising demand? I just don't want to wait too long and pay more than I should.

Thanks.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I'd say once there's enough traffic coming in that the dealers don't need to work as hard, the prices will go up.

The outboard manufacturers typically offer extended warranty promotions through the end of March, and that's probably when you can expect prices to go up.

If you're in the market for a brand new boat, this is the time of year to buy it.

3. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    We tried to buy local, here in Palatka, Fl. ,but had to go to Albany Ga. to buy our boat.saved around $4700. by doing so. They were ready to deal. Just shop around a little.
    Good Luck. Have a great weekend.
    Walter

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    ever heard this? " best to have friend with boat not your own" but I know the feeling. best deal would be to find one 1 maybe 2 years old. low hours. you take a beating when you sell used boat. take advantage of it. my boat was 21,000 new I bought it 2 yrs old with 8 hours on it. He thanked me for giving him $14,000... I thanked him back. runs great and like new.
    "2 happiest days of a boat owner is the day he buys it and the day he sells it" believe it.

5. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    This is the best time to buy a new boat, sometimes you can get a good deal at the boat shows.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I have heard both of those and they could not be farther from the truth. When I want to go out I don't want to rely on someone else. That and my boats have never given me trouble. Then again the average person hardly gets there boat wet in a year's time. I go out about 3 times a week in the summer. Then again i think those sayings where by people with wifes in control of there lives. I pity the fool!!

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Well a lot of sellers are holding on to their boats they know they will go up when spring gets here I am looking for a used one too but Putting of going to talk to the bank

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Do your homework and put some feelers out for a boat. Believe me there are dealers that are hungry to make a deal regardless of the time of the year. Don't just limit yourself to the local yokals. Good Luck In Your Search.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Your time is comin'!