When does it all stop

Discussion in 'Boating' started by ncfowler, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    it never ends when you have a boat there is always some kind tweeking, adding, moving, and applying and the list goes on and on and on. last week i was fishing and decided i needed to put another set of driftmasters here and one there, also a larger driftsock is needed the drift was just a little too fast. and that extra blacklight, and where to put the outlet for it, Oh waterfowl season is just about here and i need to redesign my blind for the boat, and rerig for waterfowl, also need some goodies for that, it just never ends, after waterfowl the boat and motor goes into shop for its yearly check up. Also i need to change the prop for waterfowl get that old beater on the one with then nicks and all the paint scatched off from driving up to the blind area.yea the list just goes on and on

2. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    It never stops! There is always something bigger, better and faster!

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    my dad always said a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into. lol

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Dang, ain't that the truth.:crazy:

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    sure would like to have one of those holes in the water.:roll_eyes:

6. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    It never really ends. You will get this one about right and then get another one and start all over. Vicious cirlce.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh, thank you, thank you all! :big_smile:

Just emailed this page to my husband, to be sure he doesn't miss this thread. Maybe I oughtta print it for future reference, next time he starts makin noises about wantin a boat :tounge_out:

Hope y'all have a wonderful day :006: from the bank :smile2:
    Carolyn

8. Snobal

Snobal New Member

State:
    Canton, OH
    BOAT - Break Out Another Thousand. It never ends. You will always find that one thing that could be done differently or made better. My boat sat in the garage for a number of years after the motor went down (broken crankshaft) and I still couldn't stop doing this or that to it.

9. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    the same thing goes on here i allways need more but just dont have the money

10. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    If it weren't for my boat I wouldn't have any where to put all my money.:lol:

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    After we bought a brand new boat in '03 my wife couldn't understand why I needed to fit "all this stuff to a brand new boat, why didn't we buy the right boat with everything on it?" I tried my best to explain that they just don't make catfishing boats and so I would have to do it myself. She came to the conclusion that it must be a guy thing and that was that!...W

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Boy your right when you say never done!
    Bill

13. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I think I finally have gotten to the point where the boat is where I want it. I guess that means that I should look for another one so I have something to do when I cant fish. I think I like working on my boat just as much if not more than fishing.

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Now Carolyn, a man needs a boat. Why don't you be a real nice lady and tell him he can get one, if it is big enough for two people. LOL

15. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Man, I know how yall feel !!

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Oh no you don't MISSY!!! LMAO

You go right now and tell that nice "angel" of a husband of yours that if he wants a boat, he can have one. Just so long as its big enough for the two of you and yer two friends from Owasso!!!

17. chesapeakecarper

chesapeakecarper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Absotively...boats been in the garage this summer rebuilding the decks and floor (between doing the house and cathouse); don't like how it turns out and got a better idea so rip it out and redo it. Then comes the anchor system redo, gas and battery box plus homemade jury-rig control panel. Hope to be ready by spring at latest but then it'll be something else or time to work on the house or...:eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :crazy:

18. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Buying a new one doesn't mean you're done messing with it at all. :lol: It's just the beginning all over again. It's a vicious cycle.:lol:

19. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I KNOW, I KNOW, I've got a boat.......The 2 best days of a boat owners life are, the day he/she gets it & the day they get rid of it :lol: :lol: