Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is Texas they have been biting pretty good for the past 3 weeks. Have been cathing in water between 15 and 25 feet. Most productive around 20 feet. Weather is starting to warm so soon they will be up shallow.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
As a rule of thumb, when the redbud trees in your area blooms, the crappie are beginning to move in to spawn. Generally the larger fish spawn first.

·
Registered
488 Posts
These last couple of years I have actually caught more crappie in the winter than I have in the spring. This year was an exception, my boat hasn't seen the water since the first part of Oct. After I got done deer hunting the weather turned nasty and I'm just now getting around to going. I caught some in a farm pond right after ice out. Used a jig about a foot deep under a bobber and reeled it in just as slow as possible. This has worked for me many times. If the weather warms back up I'm going to try and go on Tues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.