When do you start catfishing?????

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by jross1901, Mar 30, 2006.

1. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    I usually start in may(after my annual whitsbass trip to ohio).but this year i'm going to get after it a little earlier.

its 65 deg. today and wondering when you guys usually start catching flatties?
    channels are probably starting to pick up, but i want flatties.
    any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.
    also, shall we start kicking around ideas about a gathering??? spring is here fellas.
    happy spring
    -jim

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    most of the time i try and fish year around but i do get lazy in the winter sitting in my nice warm chair.here in ky most of the time we have mild winters anyway but some of my best fishing has been when the water is trying to freeze up my reel:)

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    start today and keep a log of what you catch and when you catch it then you will now! I HAVE SEEN MY SELF 3 BIG CHANEL CATS COUGHT IN THE LAST TWO DAYS! Along with hundreds of perch!

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I started when I was 6 and haven't stopped long enough to restart, LOL!!!

5. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    never stop , never surrender. you can catch cats year round. its just a matter of when, where, and how.

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Jim,
    I saw your post, but have'nt had time to give it a good response! This past Thursday, Vic came up here to God's country to do a little fishing. We caught about 100 suckers that morning and went catfishing the next day. We didn't do real well, but we did land a nice small eater and one the weighed a little over six lbs. So, the answer to the question is I guess we start fishing right now. I must admit we were not after flathead, but fishing is still fishing.
    On Saturday, we hooked up with Don (Hear Kitty) to do some perch fishing, but the weather was just to inclimate. I'm going to try to get out again next week.
    That Spring gathering you talked about sound good, lets keep in touch. Did you get a chace to check out the camping situation on the Kazoo down river?
    Sparky