When do yall switch to day light fishing?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Moon Cat, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Moon Cat

Moon Cat New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, Maryland
    Just wondering how do yalll know when to start fishing during the day for blues? Is it a date or a weather pattern? I know its early yet for the switch over.I know you can catch some blues during the hot summer days but I have to plan my trips (take off work).Just curious.

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Here at the lake I catch Blue Cats 24/7. The only reason I fish nights is because of the boat traffic and heat during the summer days.:wink:

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I agree with Ken, Blues can be caught during the day year round I suspect. Havent fished at night in a long time. Except for Flatheads, I have no reason to fish at night anymore.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When it cools off and the humidity goes down, Here of late it's been so very humid out.I can't go the humidity out fishin! makes me too uncomfortable!:crazy: pk powell

5. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The end of september here is a good time to start day fishing IMO but I really like it best during opening weekend of deer season put the juggs out on the way too the hunting grounds and pick them up on the way back to camp they get a 12 hr soak that way.

Fishing and hunting at the same time allways seem's more fun Plus you can have fresh fish all 4 day's while camping.

6. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    As soon as the heat breaks and the jet ski's get put away for the summer. Usually after labor day isn't too bad.