When do cats Really spawn?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by 1stpalindrone, Mar 22, 2006.

1. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Ok, I looked around for a while but couldnt find anything on when cats spawn.

I want to know when the best time of year is for finding a feeding frenzy....

I always thought it was during the spawn and had also heard that was when the h2o got up to 70 deg. What'dyall think/know?

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    This may or may not help ya since it's not for The Lone Star State.
    http://www.chesapeakebay.net/info/catfish.cfm

I always heard it happens when the Blue Bonnets Bloome ! Which happens to be right now since all that rain we just got.

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lucas, go to our search button and enter (flathead spawn) It will take you to many threads discussing cat fish spawning. There are many informative post an this subject.just scroll down.:0a26:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have my best results right before the spawn for flatheads and channels..I dont do very well when they are actually spawning..In Ohio mid May-mid June is Prime.

5. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Thanks Bro's for the info. Thats about what I thought, just wanted to get others thoughts. Im guessing the fish are about the same across the US as far as time & temps are concerned. I gota get to the lake and check out the temps... I got the fever, again...:D