When and Where?

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by low desert jonathan, Sep 17, 2009.

1. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    Bluehunter where and when is the right time to start after the Blue Cats? I can finally start to get out and fish. I need to take my boat out and start getting it on again. Brian I really need your help. Thanks LDJ:confused2:

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    When water starts to cool off some. The fall through winter and early spring. I was thinking of going this weekend to San Diego to give it a try but will likely wait till October. If you want the monster blues you have to look at Otay for your best chance. I am gunning for a 100 pounder this season. Think I hooked him a few times before he just wrapped me up. :big_smile:

3. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    ldj,if you r out for blues you are talkin to the right man in brian cummings, he is the bluehunter
    good luck and take in all you can from the guys who get down with the blues
    good luck b on a 100+,i know you can get him,if any one can it's you
    perseverance is key:cool2:

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I hope ya hook into a 100 lber, I would like to get to Otay sometime, but I'm gonna be tied up in Oct I think, and probably most of Nov I will be deer hunting. Gonna try Lake Dixon one of these days. I doubt I will get a saltwater trip again this year till Dec if I'm lucky.

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    UOTE=plainsman;1654049]I hope ya hook into a 100 lber, I would like to get to Otay sometime, but I'm gonna be tied up in Oct I think, and probably most of Nov I will be deer hunting. Gonna try Lake Dixon one of these days. I doubt I will get a saltwater trip again this year till Dec if I'm lucky.[/QUOTE]

shit man..... I know that you got some legal sitting to do :smile2:

But there should be some time out there for you to join with us...i see that Wollford (sp) has some wierd hrs....maybe we can get some time to fish....:wink:

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Its going to happen I know that sometime in the future. I have a few spots iced up at Otay that I know has the blues just a matter of time getting out there. One of my cats down that way recently hooked a beast but it wrapped him up. I am contemplating moving up to braid to fish those underwater structures. Bad thing is that is the spots that they are mainly at and it is the structure. Just have to luck up and keep that head turned so they will not take you in it. Oct and Nov are good months but the mid of winter is even better if you can swing one of those months. I have my top now so rainy weather is not a thang either. Januaury and Feb are my favorite months down that way even during December if I am not down south during my break.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    B if you ever want to catch way down there holla in a few months. I keep my boat in the Ontario area so I can always catch the 215 to the Sd area down that way if you can meet in Moreno Valley somewhere and roll on down.

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Well, in a week I will find out how busy I am in Oct. A guy has to do his public service/responsibility. They make it sound like a privilage. I get on the list and get called every year if I got an excuse, and every 3 years if I show up and don't get picked. I got on a saltwater all day trip as an alternate, we didn't catch much but it was fun.

9. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    yea brian ,i am down for sure, i just got a new truck today so mo val is a breeze k.i.t.
    im in
    cat rat out:cool2:

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey brother..... Congrats on the truck! Now you can get out there and hunt them pigs:wink:

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sounds cool Will be up that way in Nov will be contacting up for a run. :wink:

12. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    yea blue,i am down for sure,and not some flake crap
    if you hit me up in advance i will be there
    lot s of guys say lets fish but never pull thruogh
    you can count on me,gonna do the mo or pv in two weeks
    can't wait,it's been tooooo loooong
    since the expedition,wow
    i am hungry for a flat
    just keep me up,nov. is good:cool2:

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice. Thanks B will keep you tuned in. Gets us some of those fall season flats if ya can would love to see some more of those 30 plus pounders.

B

14. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    me too
    you know i will give my all,till the wheels fall off!!!!
    new mark is 40 for me,that is crazy but perseverence gets results
    i 'll be happy with any ol' flatty,even one wiht no bottom jaw.LOL
    freak fish but it's good fun eh?:cool2:
    p.s. blue.what is the fall habits of flats?eat up for winter ,high activity,or is it shut down period?
    i would appreciate any game on that note,thnx,cat rat:cool2:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thats right my man. Good fun.

16. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Keep us posted on when you go. I have another trip in me and the football season is winding down and I won't have to coach my son's team anymore. Don't know if I should go to the delta and do the stripper thang or head down there for a flat hunt.:confused2:

17. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    you know the drill sean,i'm goin next weekend,really leanin towards the mo',but i ran down from blythe the back way to imperial and it is only45-50 mins. run
    who knows,i maay do palo verde fri nite an alamo sat nite
    the best of both worlds weekend,:cool2: