When a 4X4 and Nature Collide

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rebelzgrl76, Apr 9, 2007.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    This is what happens when your driving down the road and are introduced to an elk. This was taken up on the mountain where elk herds and mule deer herds are readily found on road sides, often in bends and curves. I cant imagine the impact!

This truck was from Texas too, dont know him though.

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Amy! Yeah that is why insurance rates are so high!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yup, look at the front end of my car, luckily we just got deer. lol

Every now and then on a country road you will find a wondering cow that has escaped also though.

4. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    If you think thats bad, you should see what a wild wondering camal can do to a hummer LOL

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, I hit TWO cows one night. I came around a curve and they were head to head blocking both lanes. A couple in a van had just hit another one. The insurance refused to cover it; said it wasn't the farmers fault that that 15 cows were in the road!

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    you gotta watch out for them dagum camals boy theyll gitcha! lol

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

lol.. yup - smoosh your hummer and then spit on ya afterward, eh?

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Owwchhh!!!!:beated:

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Amy, maybe he was from Crane, TX. and had only ran over Jackrabbits. :lol:

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sounds like you were driving "Two fast for conditions".Heh!Heh!People were afraid of hitting big hogs the most,as they had a reputation of causing a vehicle to turn over. I remember the old open range in Georgia.Livestock had the right of way on the highways and even RR tracks.If a vehicle or train hit it,it paid for it.Failing to stop and pay for that Hog,Cow,Duck,Turkey or Chicken you ran over would get you a jail term.Same as stealing it.Until recently"Feral Hogs" still belonged to the land owner in the state of Georgia.I still cannot relate to the term"Hog Hunting"any more than I can to,Cow hunting,and Chicken hunting.Will our hunters of the future have to settle for "Chicken Hunting"?Will a future "Trophy hunt" be a old bull or milk cow turned loose in a wooded lot or allowed to go wild like the "Wild hogs"Believe me when I say that certain cows were feared far more than any hog I ever knew of.Certain Bulls and Cows were known to stalk people.In the past farmers use to drive their Hogs,Cattle and Turkeys to market in the south eastern states.Even when I was a adult,farmers moved their stock across and up and down roads and highways.Cattle crossing signs were still common in the 70's and the stock you hit between them,you paid for.There is one of those signs up beside the road approx.1 mile from my house.

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Dayton, you made me laugh out loud with that comment. Prolly so!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: