Wheeler Reservoir

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JesusMyLord, Jul 23, 2006.

1. JesusMyLord

JesusMyLord New Member

Anyone have any experience with Wheeler, especially along the banks? Any advice where to concnetrate, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~John

2. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Hey John,
    Welcome to the BOC.
    Access to bank fishing spots on Wheeler are hard to find. Ditto, Decatur causway, Triana landing and the assortment of small ramps on the Morgan county side such as Sunnyside and Johnsons landing are a few. Also Redstone Arsenal if you have access.
    I fish from Redstone up to Guntersville Dam (also a good bank fishing spot). Usual baits are fiddle worms (buy them at Buster on Governors drive), shad and skipjack (fresh caught whole or cut) and creek chubs and bluegill (caught anywhere I can).
    Good luck and if I can answer anymore questions, post em.

3. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Scott, about covered it I think. I would try G-ville dam for sure. The great thing about fishing behind the dam is you never know what you might catch. Try live bait, and you might end up with a big saltwater stripe as a bonus. A lot of time brim can be found along the rocks on crickets behind the dam too.

4. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Forgot to add that I do most all my fishing by boat. Few times from back have been around the dam.