Wheeler Dam Alabama 3/11/07

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by my4x4awd, Mar 12, 2007.

1. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    Went to Wheeler today. Went late in the day until dark. My son and I got skunked! Not even as much as a hit. Also couldnt find the shad or skip jacks. The cats didnt seem to want any minnows dead or alive. It was a great day just to get out since Ive been working 60-80 hours a week for the last month or so. Someone closer to the Dam, let me know when and where the skippys are.

Craig

2. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Not too sure about the skippys, but I went to the Coosa River a couple weeks ago and had problems finding shad. The water temp. was still hovering around 52-55 degrees and the shad were still down deep. Once it got dark, I could see them with the spotlight and caught plenty of them with the cast net.

The bluecats were biting all day on bream and nightcrawlers. We even caught a few more after dark on shad.

I think in a month or so when the water gets a little warmer, the shad and skipjack will be plentyful.

Good Luck

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very good, I hope to catch some big cats.