Wheeler catfish and skipjack

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by my4x4awd, May 13, 2007.

1. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    My friends caught cats last week the 7th, 9th and 11th. One day a 64qt cooler of filets and another 157lbs of eaters. So I yesterday and caught 2 small cats. So what happened nobody was catching anything that day. So it was the weather front, they are spawning (full of eggs) or just too full to eat another skip jack. Now the good news, we netted 23 lbs of skip jacks. If you want them you better get to wheeler. They were all 5-6 inches a litttle small for me but at least Ill have bait the summer. We didnt try to catch any with jigs.

2. Rtpcat

Rtpcat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Same kinda of thing down on the Alabama River, last weekend we caught 3 blues between 20-31lbs plus some keepers. Friday my fishing partner caught a 40lb, 15lb and 20 more eaters. Saturday went back and we caught 4 eaters and a few drum. You would not have even thought we were fishing in the same water. We still caught bait the same way and were using skipjack as before just no fish. I guess it had to be the weather but I don't know either.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This past weekend below pickwick dam, cats where few, but the stripe were tearing it up late in the eveing.

4. Chestdeep

Chestdeep New Member

State:
    Jackson County Alabama
    We had pretty good luck Saturday night but didn't get a bite till after 10. It was like someone turned on the switch. We had a little over 100 lbs by 4 Sunday morn. We also put out a few jugs going up the river around the Wannville area but didn't land a fish on them. All the ladys was full of eggs so the fishing should be pretty good here for awhile.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Sounds like u had a good time.