Wheel bearing covers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jitterbug, Jan 8, 2009.

1. jitterbug

jitterbug New Member

State:
    I reside in southern Ind.
    I was going to go to Bass Tracker.com and come across this forum and thought somebody on this forum can help me as quick as B.T.

Problem: I have a 2000 Tracker Panfish 16 one of the rubber wheel bearing covers has a crack in it, and slings grease. I am wanting to replace both grease covers but not sure where i need to go to get a pair of new ones.

If this forum is like some i have been on i know there is somebody on this forum who care steer me in the right direction.

I have just registered and am a new member to the forum, any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    HI JIm, welcome from Missouri. I run buddie bearing covers from wal-mart. They are spring loaded with a grease zert and help keep water pushed out of the hub. They ain't very expensive and work really well.Easy to install too.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jim WELCOME ABOARD - I wish I could direct ya the right way but I am not quallified fer this one but you hang out there is someone round here that will......Its realey good to see ya here with us make yerself at home!:cool2:

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Welcome to the BOC and I see you already got a suggestion, and I guarantee you there will be more to help if they can.

5. jitterbug

jitterbug New Member

State:
    CH
    I was hoping to be able to put the same kind on that i have now they were the original ones that came with the trailer.Is it possible that i will have to wind up going to tracker.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i use buddy bearing also keeps pressure in the hub to keep water out

7. jitterbug

jitterbug New Member

State:
    slimdaddy:
    While i would like to have the type of grease covers i have on my trailer now, i have thought about the kind you are using, but never could determine what size i needed.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. You can find the original seal/boot at The Old Bait House in Paducah, Ky. Are you can buy a wheel bearing cover called a "Bra'. This fits over the outside hubs. Cheap.

9. jitterbug

jitterbug New Member

State:
    Mickey:
    Thank you for the information i will give them a try and see if they can help, i have a feeling i will have to eventually have to go to a different type wheel bearing cover.

10. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve New Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Jitterbug, I don,t know what part of southern Indiana you live in, but I checked Tracker web site and they have three dealers in southern Indiana, Terre haute,jasper and Evansville.

11. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    duck tape!!! lol get an old pop can cut it in half and use the bottom half to cover it. clamp it on there and your as good as new. just a redneck suggestion.