Wheaties and crushed pineapple

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Montgomery, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    hi everyone i'm new to the site. and a newbee to catfishing. but one type of fishing . i have learned to do very well. and that is carp fishing . i have alwaysed fished for carp and cats at the same time. but i just cant seem to catch a cat .but even if its 90 degrees i can catch a carp. big ones to. i have cought some hogs.on wheaties and crushed pineapple out of a can. another thing i have learned in my time fishing . is that no cereal or cornflake. works like wheaties. i have never cought a fish useing a different brand. it HAS to be wheaties. i have cought channel on wheaties and garlic salt. old timers in my family say they never fished with anything else . but that. and i use dole crushed pineapple in heavy sorup.and i use the juice from the can to work my doughball into the right consistancy. i have cought many 20 plus and 15 plus carp this way.if i knew how to upload the pictures from my cell phone i could share

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well, your idea sounds good enough to try. I'll keep it in mind when I run low on chicken livers!

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds good, but I guess your pineapple concoction is just for Carp? I could see it catching cats, but the wheaties and garlic IMO would work better for that.

4. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i have cought carp on wheaties and garlic salt. not many though, hell not many cats eighter.lol

5. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lol. While these home-made baits are great for channels and stuff. If you want some bigger blues and flat-heads, live bait and cut-bait is the best way to go.

6. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike, keep right on doing what you're doing and catch carp. I don't think there are very many catfishermen that hit 90%. Carp are a lot of fun catching and put up a good fight. But I do think that catfish are much better eating. :smile2:

7. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    so if the fishing is slow you can eat your bait, lol

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the BOC brother I have had a lot of good times catching carp to me any fish is fun to catch:0a23:

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks, Mike. I'm really getting to like these baits that don't smell like something dead.:crazy: Carp are a lot of fun.

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Welcome Mike to the B.O.C. and I think I'm gonna make some of your bait to try on these Monster Carp around here.
    I was tying on a fly this summer and felt something bumping up against my leg and just thought it was some debris but when I looked down I was completely shocked at the size of this carp! There was actually a school of em and apparently I stood still long enough for them not to recognize me as a threat! I toy'd with the idea of tackling it but all I could picture is the fisherman on the bank laughing at this fly-fisherman wrestling a carp! How funny would that have benn? LOL Thanks again!