Whatzz up

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by seahaggy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Everyone put there fishing gear up for the winter?Wondering if anyone is still at it.I am going to try to get down to WestPoint and try to coax some of those River Cats to come home for the holidays for supper some night.( only those who qualify 1 to 3 lbs are invited)I have talked to quite a few people over the years about eating the fish out of the Ohio River and to be honest most of the younger people don't but the older do.Well there still around so i figure it does not hurt to feast on a few now and then.From what i have been hearing on the news the worlds water supply sucks anyway.I'll be dead in a hundred years or less and since im 48 probally much less.I hope i can live to see some turn around in our invironment.Our kids, kids etc... deserve it.What a wonderfull feeling it would be to know that 150 years from now all of the mistakes made were corrected and once again nature and her resources flourish.Water is clean,pure fish abound animals abound nature abounds.I hope i don't sound too silly but i grow gourds in the garden just for birds to nest in.I put out bird feeders every winter. I let brush and thickets grow up for those rabbits which do get in the garden but it's no big deal i have to give away stuff i can't eat it all anyway.I got a fish aquarium that does not have walmart fish in it.I keep baby bluegills,baby crawdads and sometimes tadpoles so the kids can watch them turn into frogs if the fish and crawdads don't get them.(Is that redneck enough for ya)lol.lol.If you ever get the chance listen to that old song by Louis Armstrong.What a wonderful world.And i hope i don't affend anyone but Merry Christmas to you all not happy holidays.I Believe in Jesus Christ myself.

2. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    We Need a Redneck For President and the United States will again be a safe place to leave, both physically, environmental, and morally!!! I know what you mean bro, I love the critters and we need to provide for them. Check the river conditions for the Ohio before you put in, she's mean and tough today; expected crest of 26.2 ft by Thursday.

BE SAFE

Linda

:0a18:

3. jbenni01

jbenni01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Those 2-3# blues are great eatin. I'm sure we've all ate worse at fast food joints than eating a freshly caught Ohio River catfish. Just stay below the state recommended intake. I think they recommend 1 meal per week or less, but I could be wrong.

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    great time to catch some nice eater channels and blues. we've been catching alot of them up here in ohio

5. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Marshall
    Anything 5 lbs and under I keep, filet and soak in salt water for about 48 hrs before freezing. Rinse the filets real good in clear water prior to freezing. Before I cook them, I soak in milk for 1-2 hours. I have been eating fish caught out of the Ohio since this spring and can honestly tell you, this is the best fish I have eaten. I use a fish batter mix from Weisenberger Mill located in Midway, KY. You can get this online...reasonable priced and GOOD.:big_smile::tounge_out:

Linda

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    unfortunatly ive put the gear up for the winter.I have heart disease so its not wise for me to be playing out in the cold.But man am i missing it,i hate cold weather,i just cant stand this time of year.But what can you do right,i guess i can always hang out here and talk about it thats always good theropy.

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No.... Now is not the time to put up the fishing gear. Its time to make sure it is oiled up good for the winter months. We been banging some nice channels and blues. Picking up a good one every now and then...... 47.9#... blue 2 weeks ago cut bait in the main channel. Cumberland river

8. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Yes, he is correct. And Yes ITS my dang turn LOL.>>> kidding No I'm not. :)