What's Your Winter Past Time Until thaw Out?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catcaller, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    When its too cold to fish...I enjoy working my Labs with my duck hunting buddy and myself...rifle hunting for whitetail...quail and Pheasant hunting with my other buddy...shooting pool in my garage, or at my other buddys house....who has no kids. :wink:....working out/playing raquetball twice a week at the gym and the Dojo......catching up on my reading...managing my fantasy football teams...playing my sons X-Box 360 (I'm ADDICTED to Guitar Hero III)...talking about fishing on this site...arranging and re-arranging my terminal tackle and rods/reels...doing some creative cooking on the weekends...playing cards with our friends while enjoying a few adult beverages...and alas...working as much OT as I can get in order to float Christmas...the bills......and the impending spring fishing season.

What do you do to stop yourself from climbing the walls during cabin fever and the silly season??

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Watch TV, Spend time on the BOC ,Watch TV ,Spend more time on the BOC.
    Exciting isn't it.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hmmmmmm I have to restring my reels got 1/2 of them done so far. I have to tear a couple apart to clean and oil so thats a couple of days LOL. Then there is TV uuuuuhhhh TV and TV oh also TV and some computer time to read all about the warm weather fishing. Oh yea did I mention TV LOL

4. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Well, my winter goes kinda like this.

Blow snow
    spend time with kids (sled, snoball fight, make forts)
    clean, oil, restring reels
    BOC
    work on small woodworking projects (in my basement if its below 10 degrees)
    annoy my wife
    TV
    wish I was somewhere warmer
    blow snow

Yep, kinda boring.

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I go out ice fishing only a couple of times during the winter, as I hate the cold and I hate it more every year. If things keep up the way they are going already this winter I will spend most of my spare time moving the damn snow.
    This year I think I will start up the model railroad that takes up half my garage and tinker with that. It has been sitting for almost 10 years so it will take some elbow grease, either that or watch tv, na I hate tv.
    So it will be move snow, model railroad and the BOC.
    Man life is good.:big_smile:

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    fish, fish and more fishing

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I like to build models of bass boats and soak em in lighter fluid then take a match to em. LOL!

Nah! I pretty much just make everyones life unbearable till early march. LOL!

8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    carp and buffalo fish in tha winter months.....and fish santee cooper for big blues. next winter when i get my drivers lisence im goin to TRY like heck to break the world record buffalo record.it was cought in the lake/resivour(sp) i fish,88 pounds wish me luck.lol. my friends have cought some that went 70+ but i have never cought one that big,but im hopeing to.:dribble:

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Get done with the "honey do" list. That I was suppose to get done but was fishing instead.
    Bill

10. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Fishing, fishing, fishing all winter long at least 3 times a week. When I get tired of fishing I usually do a little fishing.

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Who asked ya! LOL!:wink:

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We fish all year long. If it gets too cold for the catfishing, we go to STRIPER fishing at one of the warm water discharges. That will warm you up in a big hurry! A few years back I was fishing for stripers in -49 degrees wind chill. They had temperature warnings stating that if you did not have to get out then to just stay home inside. But I just had to go fishing. Only one of my reels was not frozen solid. I did manage to catch a nice limit of stripers. The limit is 2 in Tennessee and 5 in Kentucky. My PB striper= 45lbs....PB Bluecat=49.7lbs...........PBFlathead=32lbs........PBChannel=12lbs.

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Writing music. We're going back in the studio in Jan. to start working on a new CD. That will keep me busy for awhile.

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Me too. I fish all winter. And when it warms up I start fishing. Kind of like an addiction with me.

15. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i like hunting and playing jazz on my trumpet :)

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I dont stop fishing, just switch gear and species.

17. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    spending 90% of my time here on the BOC snooping around, waiting on christmas, then i start college in Jan. I'm hoping to get some fishing in sometime this winter and gear up for spring:wink:

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Reload ,Reload, hunt ,hunt ,Reload ,reload .

19. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Work, school, childs wrestling meets, BOC, more work, more school, clean house, watch TV, homework, school, babysit grandchild, school.

That's gonna be my winter.:confused2:

Maybe have to argue with ex a few hundred times, just cause he pi--ed me off.:wink: Hey, it's more fun than homework.:big_smile:

20. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    well its fishing and BS'n on the BOC status quoe as usuall :smile2: