What's your water temperature?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by JAinSC, Oct 17, 2006.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We've had a series of cold fronts over the last couple of weeks and our rivers have just dipped to around 69 degrees.

Flatheads should be in a good mood! :smile2:

2. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    The temps in the rivers I fish, Fox River and Rock River have dipped under 50 in the past week. Over twelve degrees in 7 days... its been COLD to say the least.

Philip

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here in SouthWestern Ohio, river temps dropped from low 60's (8 days ago) to right around 52 degrees with all the cold weather, now holding around 54-55 with the flooding from the big storms, Our local river is up 5 ft! Should be prime on the weekend!

Salmonid

4. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    I had 58 dg. today on the Missouri River. That's down from mid sixties a week ago. Fish all had lock jaw today.

5. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    72 here on Hartwell in S.C.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i was out all weekend the water was holding around 63 on sat an sun its got ot be droping with all this rain that we got to day

7. Bullhead61

Bullhead61 New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Mid 40s here:sad2: I GUESS IT'S OVER TIL SPRING!!!!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

8. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I had around 55 here in a Central Illinois lake before the last cold front moved through. It has moved the shad close to the shore.

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Last time I was out it was 62 but with the snow and non stop rain it has to be in the 50s I would think.
    Bill

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

No way! Keep getting them, they will still bite-the bigguns always gotta eat!

11. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    upper sixties on the Neuse river, N.C. Was low sixties a few days ago, had some cold nights but it went back up in the warmer weather.

12. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Where do you guys get your info, do you take your own temps or is there a website that gives the water temp?
    I've checked weather.com but didn't see anything.

Eric

13. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Just get mine from when I'm on the river from the transducer. Dont know of any sites that have river temps. I know there are some for ocean temps but not rivers.

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yesterday the surface temp was 69 degrees on blue mtn lake..last friday it was 59 surface temp on the Ar. river

15. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    For anyone interested, I noticed WalMart had small digital thermometers that had a 10' wire attached to it for fishing at around $10. My fishfinder gives the temperature but I have thought about investing in one of those units for when I bank fish. The water temperature can give you a clue to where the catfish might be.

16. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think my local lakes is around 70 right now. Althought we've had some cold days and nights the last few days so its probably in the high 60s now.

17. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    went out on the cumberland river yesterday and the surface temp varied from around 55 to 63 as i moved around the river.

18. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Whoops.

On the Edisto on Friday the water was back up to about 72-73. I guess a few nice warm days brought it back some.

19. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    High Rock lake 66 near dam and RR tressel

20. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Lake Okeechobee & Kissimee River both had surface temps in the high 70's this weekend. The air temp has dropped @ night but hasn't really affected the water much:angry: