What's Your Thanksgiving Meal?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Aquacat, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Mine is a nice size 14lb butterball turkey with all the trimmings and a nice sized smoked ham. All kinds of pies with ice cream and enjoying the Dallas Cowboys game with the family! I'm ready to eat boys! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well my aunt is doing the family meal this year again. i was told the other day that were having a goose along with turkey. i was asked to do the marinating on it too.

i always cook turkey and taters and stuffing gravy and corn. good old fasioned meal. oh. and don't forget those brow and serve rolls. :wub:

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    For about 24 years of my life I thought turkey came in a can!!!!The US Army always made sure I had turkey even if the little green can said Boned Turkey or Turkey Loaf!Sometimes it said Boned Chicken,a few times it said Beans and Weenies,or ham and eggs chopped but it was all turkey to me. and I was happy to have it.To the Armys credit they always tried to feed the troops the traditional Thanksgiving meal even in wartime.You might have had to eat it in a foxhole while somebody shot at you or huddled under a poncho to keep your mashed potatoes dry but they got it to you if humanly possible.Now that I'm not in the boys club anymore I'll have a normal meal and be grateful for all the blessings we as Americans have.Sometimes though I miss those little green cans and their sucessor the MRE.Just kidding!!!!Just for fun the other day we old vets at the office tried to name all the 12 original C-Rat meals.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    14 lb turkey stuffed with Oranges . And put on the smoker with pecan wood.
    Then duck and dressing, Home made fryed peach pies, Dumplings, three layer cocanut cake, Up side down cake, home made Ice cream, And man OOhh man one full gut..
    PEte

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    To much stuff to mention, but I am always glad when it's over..30 people stuffed into a small house gets stressfull :D

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am just thankful to have a meal! Times are hard this year because I was hurt in the Job back in January and could not work I thank the Lord that my children are grown and do not expect anything for the holidays. I was approves for SSI disability and will come out of this mess.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Top, I'm glad to hear you got approved . I wish you and every one a safe and Happy Thanksgiving...

8. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

The regular meal,turkey,dressing,ham,sausage,and i got to have those pork-n-beans witk bacon, Ketchup,brown surgar,cooked in the oven.I'll make a pecan pie or two!
    leakyboat

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Top, I'm gald you finally was approved.
    I hope you and all members have a good bird day.

10. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    With the wife in North Carolina and me here in Ohio, I will be having turkey, stuffing, mashed spuds and a brownie by way of a Hungry Man heat and serve meal. Then again, it could be the meatloaf or chicken fried steak. Just eight minutes in the microwave and my holiday din din is complete. :sick-big:

Mike

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mike. I hope things are going well with your wife's health and new job.
    Still got ya on the list.

Can you cook. I 'll get you through some easy grilling. :D

12. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I've already cooked 8 turkeys,will probably top out at about 45 by thur.afternoon.
    When I get home,I think a six pack and a pizza will be my 7 course meal :D

13. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Mike,

I still got your wife, and your Family on my prayer list buddy. I pray she's doing better by now..

Happy Thanksgiving...

14. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    mike, your wife and family are in my prayers still too. I forgot to add green beans, corn and sweet potatos! :)