Whats your PB crappie?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by zmoon, Oct 2, 2007.

1. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was wondering what everyones PB crappie? Mine was caught earlier this year while bass fishing. It was just over 18 inches and weighed 3.2 pounds. I will try to get a picture up on my avatar.

2. Cornmeal and Catfish

Cornmeal and Catfish New Member

State:
    Covington, Louisiana
    Not sure what my Bp was, but My Best day was a catch of 9 smallest 16" largest was 17.5". That was around the spawn on my favorite river...hard to fish it but when you find them hold on! Let them all go.

3. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    1 - 2lbs 4 oz Black Male.. Dandy
    several at 1Lb 14 or 15 oz
    All on a certified Butchers Scale
    all post spawn fish so them close ones might have put them over my magic 2 lb ceiling. :confused2:

It is amazing to me how big a real 1 pounder is when they have to pass over those scales.

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    14 inches, measured it but didnt weight it. But, I plan on getting a bigger one this year.

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    cought one that was 4.5 lbs bass fishing about ten years ago and back then I didnt crappie fish at all only bass but was still impressed and have never cought one that big since and now I do spring and fall crappie with year in the past few years with around 2.5 being my biggest yet here on the lake I live at now. o and on note that 4.5 lbsder came from an old strip mine one of my favorit bass wholes.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    best I ever caught was 16.5 " and 2.5 lb black crappie on a 12" grape worm while flipping for bass.

7. Cornmeal and Catfish

Cornmeal and Catfish New Member

State:
    Covington, Louisiana
    I love fishing strip mines. The water is usually clear and produce much larger crappie. A friend took me to one once, we fished a large treetop right by the main highway. I couldn't believe how many slabs we pulled off that tree being that anyone could walk up and fish it. I bet the next record fish is going to come out of a mine because they are so deep and people really don't fish them like a river or lake.

8. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    4.5 thats only a few onces less than the world record..:wink:
    My dad caught one that was 2.25 about 25 years ago..I netted it..does that count??:smile2: