Whats your opinion??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Johnny B, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    What do catfish do when your river level gets low...It seems like the cats shut off around my parts...
    :burn_joss_stick:

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Depends on your definition of low. With all the rain we've gotten this year the Missouri has been up and down and the fish have a tendency to bite better with a slow rise when the food supply is washing in. When it's on the drop the bite will slow because there's still an adequate food supply. If and when it becomes stable it takes a little while for the bite to resume.
    Stay safe and good fishing.:wink:

3. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    well speaking of low river my town just got slammed with a couple of inches of rain...I'm sure the river will be back up by tomorrow:big_smile:Thanks Larry

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Our rivers here in Pittsburgh never really get that low,when they get slow and warm though, most of my fish come from below dams or deeper water.

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They go DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP....

6. Dusty279

Dusty279 New Member

State:
    Texas
    RAIN??? What'as that? My favorite lake is so low that 2 of the 3 boat ramps are out of the water and the third is REAL iffy. Just a little too far back and your trailer is gone lol. Really, there is a dropoff and one guy backed too far and when he tried to pull out, he tore his trailer in half. I am waiting for rain!!!

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Mike!:0a25:.

8. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Mike welcome to B.O.C.

I just finished reading about the drought you guys are haveing down there, saw a couple of pics of house boats sitting high and dry, they said they were finding cars that had been stolen and dumped in the lake ((LOL))
    Lake Travis use to have some good Striper fishing in it, and catfish,
    I like to go up to Turkey Tree, Max Starkey Damn, it has been a long time since I have been there,

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

10. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It never seems to stop raining here(eastern Iowa), you can have some of ours :smile2: