Whats your go to bait in muddy

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by David Knotts, Feb 12, 2008.

1. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Just tjought I'd try to find out what evry body likes to use when you have to fish muddy water.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This time of year i prefer a lucky craft stacey or pointer,,,,fished slow, real slow. A smithwick rogue is also a good choice. If that doesn't work i go to a jig an pig combo. After the water starts to warm up a little bit i usually go to a wiggle wart crankbait.

3. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    chartuese rat l trap or chartuese double blade spinnerbait.

in warm water, i don't bass fish in winter. the bite is too slow for me in the wintertime.

vaughn

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I like a chartruse spinnerbait, rattling jig, and a wide wobble shallow diving crankbait in fire tiger, bone white, or red/crawfish pattern.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    At this time of the year, it's "Nice & Slow" Bass Fishing for me until the water warms-up a bit, and they get in the mood to strat chasing there food. So I'm using a small rattling jig of some kind in a "dark color". After the water gets over 55 degs, I love to use Senkos in a "Lime Green or Watermelon color patten".
    :wink:
    :0a26::0a23:

6. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    In muddy water i always use a dark color. I havent got to fish yet this year because most of the lakes are to frozen to put a boat in. Im going though when the ice clears. :)

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    cold muddy water i can be found slow rolling a single bladed spiner bait with a large clorado blade on it.chartruese and white.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Spinner bait with big blades ,or something along the lines of a rattle trap.

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    chartruese or firetiger crankbait, or stickbait

10. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I prefer soft plastics if the water is real muddy. If it's just stained then about any bright colored crank bait or spinner bait will do. Allen

11. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    firetiger thunderstick works well in the muddy water here. or a chartreuse/purple rogue.

12. WTL

WTL New Member

State:
    alabama
    Spinnerbait with painted blades all the way. I like Indiana blades. Moves a good bit of water and the feel of the lure is important.

13. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice pictures kikin-wing:wink:

14. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    i like trolling worms slow:cool2:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would agree with John on this. A blk/blue rattleback jig with a blk pork rind will also work well in muddy water.

16. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Muddy conditions I lean to a spinner bait with a colorado or indiana blade for the vibration. With crank baits something that displaces alot of water when retrieved. Just my personal believe they need a little more something to key in on when it gets muddy.