What's Your Fondest Memory of Mom

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CuzICan, May 10, 2009.

1. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    My mother is not passed, and I know some of ours are, but I was thinking today of what my favorite memory would be of my mom from my childhood. :big_smile:

I think besides just the "normal" things that mother's do for us, for me it would have to be her beauty, and her being able to do gymnastic moves--you know-- cartwheels and walk-overs, and round-offs. I would watch her do those things and I was just AMAZED at how she could do that! I couldn't even do them as a kid! Another thing that sticks out in my mind is her pinching us in church--she had long fingernails and if she told us to be still or quiet, and we didn't we got that pinch and we didn't holler out either, cuz we asked for it, LOL!!! :big_smile::big_smile:

As you know, if you read one of the other threads in here that Dallas started--I spent my days with my grandmother as a small child while my mom went to nursing school. My fondest memory of her, wellt the funniest, was her catching me and my brother smoking in the loading chute at the barn. We had stolen some cigarettes and were trying to light them, and the wind kept blowing out the match. My brother said to me, "I can't get this thing lit". My grandmother, with her little beady eyes looking through the slats, said---"I'll light it for you son." All day long every now and then, she would say, I'm gonna tell your grandpa when he gets home", and this was early morning when we got caught...we were BEGGIN that lady, please don't tell him, please don't tell him. We knew what he would do! LOL! She never did tell a soul unless she told them not to say anything to us, I have no way of knowing that, I guess she figured us worrying all day was better than the actual whuppin we were waiting for and she was RIGHT too! :tounge_out::tounge_out::big_smile:

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My mom loved to cook, she had recipe books, which I still have, and recipes that have been passed down thru the years. She would sometimes just open a cook book to a page and say that is what we are having tomorrow. I would always go into the kitchen and help, to this day I thank her for teaching me how to look after myself, and teaching me to try different things with an open mind.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :crazy: THE PINCH lol Cher MOM did the same think reach over and pinch me on the inside of the leg :eek:oooh: ouch yep thats a memory that i had forgot and if i was doing some thing she wanted me to stop doing all she had to say was do you want to go to the bath room lol i new better than to push it i new to stop what i was doing mom never had to wip me much i just respected her and feard what could hapen in that bath room lol mom was a very kind women fun to be around every one loved mom she was that tipe of person i will continue in a few as im sher more will come to me you got me thinking now Cher lol good thouts

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It was the time the 7th fleet hit town. OH! Nevermind! :crazy:

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When I was in high school I played football, My mom and Donna Wright had cows bells they would take to the game,and when ever they rang them everyone on the team would tease me about my Mother calling me.Thats just part of it.I got my own bell rung one night and got knocked out.When I was laying there trying to get a grip. I opened my eyes and There was mom, looking down at me.I closed my eyes again and said mom get out of here!!At my 40th year reunion they had a GREAT BIG PICTURE of my mom standing over me.On the wall.It wasnt half as bad as the night it happened.
    smokey

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    mom was a good person to talk to if i needed to talk some thing out or blow of steam she was always thear.
    mom also loved to fish i wish we had got to fish togather more it dident mater to her what kinda fish as long as she was catching some thing..
    she loved the out doors. i guess my fondest memory is working in the flower garden with her thats one thing we loved doing togather that and bird watching she loved the bird houses that i would make she is what got me started doing the fancy painting when she was alive id makem and she would paint she lived on the hill ubouve me in NC. so we had the place coverd in houses and feeders i always toled mom that i wished i could paint like her and she always said i could but i left that for her after she past and time whent on i started back with the houses my painter is gone and i did teach myself to paint some what so every bird house i do still has my mom in theam if i am making a bird house im thinking about mom always so realy whean it comes down to it fondest memory i have no idea what it would be i have so many i toled oldfin the uther night a lot of us are mamas boys the diff in me and the rest is i admit i was and could care less what pepple think about that she was my best friend and i was lucky to have a mom that was as good to me as she was i will never ever forget you mom and i will see you agen some day...

7. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    my fondest memory of mom came just a few yrs ago. after coming here from japan 50 yrs ago, she had never been back becoz of the expense & she secretly was afraid that if she left this country, she would not be able to get back. my husband & i took care of the expense, & she had a passport, so we didnt think anything of her "fear". turns out, her "fear" would have been a reality if we had sent her off w/that passport. that passport was good for her trip here, & the return to japan. we were told she would have been stuck there (until she got a new passport). ida got a butt chewin 4 that.
    so, she got a new passport. she & dad went for 2 wks & saw all the relatives still alive.
    her sisters hav all since passed away, mom & dad passed away last yr w/in 6 mos of each other. but they all got 2 see each other 1 more time.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    There are so many good things about my mom...I cant name them all but her strength always comes to mind when I think about her character. She has always been strong and independant...never asking for much from anyone unless we really needed it. Raising two boys on her own with NO man around (except for my uncles and grandfather). My mom once worked three jobs just to make ends meet...she kept it up until she had a nervous break down from all the stress and my grandmother made her quit one of her jobs. My brother and I were so young at the time, we didnt understand a thing...but we didnt have to because we were taken care of. Thats my mom...STRONG!

9. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    my MOTHER was less than 5ft. tall less than 100 lbs. she had 12 kids loss two of them when they were very young.my funnyest memory of my MOTHER was when I was about 4 years old.we lived in warsaw,mo. one of my 5 sisters worked at the dog&suds in town,my MOTHER loved the chilli dogs there.but they usally did not set well with her if you know what I mean! I had just let the hogs out again so I could ride one as they ran off. as I was ridding a big one past the house I saw mom running to the outhouse,she was flying never seen her run before or sense.she was yelling at me wait tell you dad gets home . boy did I get a whuppin ! I thought I would share this with you,she no longer with us and I miss her very much she was a great MOTHER to all a us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats my fondest memory of my MOTHER.

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    These are absolutely wonderful memories and I knew we'd all have some good ones--except George. LOL! J/K wich ya G, you always make me laugh LOL! :wink::smile2::smile2:

Now put me a story in here about ya mom!

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now put me a story in here about ya mom!

No memories. They were all erased when I got abducted. :crazy: Besides, I was raised by junk yard dogs. :eek:oooh:

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    So they brainwashed ya did they??? Figures! I always wondered what was wrong wich ya!

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    What's Your Fondest Memory of Mom

It would have to be her cooking!! Those mashed potatoes and fried chicken, with the chicken gravy. WOW!! Like they always say, a way to a man's heart is through his stomach!! LOL! Really my mother is a wonderful person in every way. Kind, caring and still kicking at her rightful age of 74!! She adores the time spent with her grandkids and it keeps her occupied. Living in a small apartment for elderly citizens, she gets bored once in a while, but enjoys the time spent with her friends and neighbors. I remember the days of going for car rides with her. No destination! Just rides anywhere, when gas was cheap. Going to town shopping with her and helping her out when she was babysetting 13 or more kids at 1 time!! I will truly miss her when she passes, but will always remember the times we cherished and will remember she raised me the right way. To care and love!!

Oh yeah!! The times we spent fishing together too. How could I have forgot that. My mom truly loves fishing!! Well mom get ready for some fishing this summer!!

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    You know what? Now that Im thinking about all the stuff my mom gave us....I remember on Saturdays (or sometimes Sundays) we would clean the house from top to bottom. My mom always said that all you need to get in the mood while cleaning was music...She would put on some Stevie Wonder while we cleaned and we would all be singing and dancing...lol! Im smiling now just remembering it...to this day, whenever Im cleaning, I got music playing. It really does help!

15. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I have owned a few Harleys in my time and whenever I brought a different one home Mom always had to have the first ride with me. Didn't have to go far but she wanted to be first. I have a picture of her when she was 19 or 20 years old standing beside a Harley, about 1948. She was almost 70 when I gave her her last ride.

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    When I said my Mom was beautiful I wasn't kidding, especially if you can remember what's it like to see through a child's eyes...and her being my mommy didn't hurt my view of her either :big_smile:

Had to show ya'll a pic of her and my Grandmother...that's ME by the way at 4 months old with Grandma, my favorite pic of us together!

Attached Files:

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ever sence i was a tyke all i had to do was ask and my mom took me fishing.some times it was to a river some times a lake but after we moved to texas it was the ocean.it was 28 miles one way and my mom took me and droped me off ever weekend and picked me up sunday afternoon.i guess you could say shes the one lit my fire for fishing.last year on mothers day she went and watched me catch a 61 lb.cat so thats my best memory.

18. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Brainwashed? Well, that wouldn't take a lot of water for George's.

My mother passed away when I was 6. So, my fondest memory would be helping her make a special cheese thing we only got at Christmas. She made it in a big crockware bowl. I got to help mix all the different stuff together with my hands, and when we were done - I got to eat all that was left in the bowl.

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ps
    one more.my mom use to fish bass touniments with me and on her 64th birthday me and 72 other bass fishermen sang happy birthday to her standing on the boat ramp at dequeen lake.she won 4th place that day.

20. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Now thats GREAT! johnnie that lil lady gives you a run for your money don't she!