What's your fishing trip cost?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Rockin' Blues, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    How much do you usually spend on a fishing trip?Gas,snacks,bait,ice,ect.:confused:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    $30-40 because we usually drive about 40 miles to our fishing spot. So that takes some gas money and then we have to buy everything else......of course it's always worth it though, fish or no fish.:)

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I probably average $30.00 Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    Don't ask my wife. She will say its way higher.

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I usually spend about 40.00

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    No smart answer intended here but if I figured up all I spend on a fishing trip I would proably give my boat and all my gear away.:)

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

We generly spend $20-$40 for a trip, unless we go to Missouri, then we are talking $100-$150 for a two day trip.

Ray

7. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    14ft flat jon boat 8hp nissan outboard 3 containers worms 3.00 a piece ice 1.00 bag gas 3 gallon tank uses about two trips gotta love those small boats and motors sooo about 15.00 a trip

8. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    About twice as much as last year. Durn gas prices. Only get 12 mpg when hauling boat. Make my own ice. Lake is 50 miles from home

gas-----$ 20.00
    bait-----$ 6.00
    snacks--$ 3.00
    lost tackle 2.00
    --------
    $ 31.00

But, just getting away from everything and being alone to enjoy the outdoors and all that good stuff, I consider it worth it.

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    About 20 bucks on average.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Somewhere around $50, thats for catfishing trips. I bass fish close to home for about $10.

11. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Costs me about $10. for gas,free ice from my freezer,shad is free if ya can find it(got DK punch bait just in case),occasionally $5. gas for the boat,snacks free from the house(if my kids leave any),coffee get that at home too.14 ft semi-v bottom,9.9 Jonson elect start with a 6gal gas tank and the river/lake is only 15min away.Fish on!:rock-big:

12. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    depends on the trip... i can get away with a free trip if i take my bike down to the local river for bait/trout/smallies or i could (won't anytime soon) spend 100's on a trip to South America to catch some monster Redtails ... all depends...

13. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    depending on the spot im going to, between $10-$30. bait is pretty much free, unless you wanna count the $2 for wax-worms:D

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here close to me somewhere around 20.00 to 40.00 depending on how much gas I need in the boat..

Now on a trip thats about 1 1/2 hours away, close to $100.00 to $150.00 a trip.

And it seems to be getting worse instead of better, of course the past few days gas has dropped alot here, we are now paying 1.88 a gallon for gas as of tonight.

15. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I'm with you DH. I usually spend between 20 to 40. I wish gas was below the two dollar mark here. I filled up today for $2.099 and felt pretty fortunate. Vern

16. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bout $50 gas to get to the dam, run all over the river, snacks, etc.

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I usually fish within 5 miles of my house, so just a few bucks is usually all I spend.

18. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Between $35 - $40 for a 100-mile round trip. That doesn't include meals at restaurants, or replacement tackle.

19. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I probably spend anywhere between 40-60 everytime I go, and thats sometimes 2-3 times a week. Maybe someday I will live close to where I fish.

20. fraid_knot

fraid_knot Guest

Fished all afternoon tuesday. Cost $2.13/gal for gas. Takes bouta gallon to get there an back. 81 cents for a RC soda. Bouta quarter's worth of coffee to fill the thermos at home. and a can of vienna sausage for 48 cents, for a snack.
    Bout $3.67 for the trip. Not includin the fast depreciating fishing gear.

No I didnt catch anything. But then I didnt lose much either. :)