whats your favorite time of the year to catfish ??? (( poll ))

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catfishscotty, Dec 8, 2009.

whats your favorite time of the year to catfish

1. winter

2. spring

3. summer

4. fall

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    whats your favorite time of the year to catfish ???

For me it would be spring with winter a close second .

2. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    You forgot a few. Night or day. Anytime I have bait and gas in the tank. For me I don't really care. I'd almost have to say Spring. Because I don't fish much in the winter.

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

dang i should of added day or night !!!!!!

good Idea david I will see if i can add those also ..

thanks for the reply and helpfull input :big_smile: !!!!!!

4. bobbybobber

bobbybobber New Member

State:
    wv
    i really like fall the best but early winter and early spring is hard to beat to

5. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    Summer! because its swimmin trunks, flip flops, and longer days. This cold stuff is killing me. i had to go out and buy some boots, coveralls, and gloves. lol plus i used to bring in atleast 5 catfish a day in july/august. I havent caught a cat since october and i go 3 times aweek usualy.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

NO, no need to change the poll Scott. Don't ya figure everyone who posts is going to "state their case" anyway? :wink:

I vote summer, but if I had to name a child....according to seasons....I'd pick autumn. :big_smile:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  7. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    I have to say all year, I fish when I'm not working. I did vote spring, gota love those big flatheads after the water reaches 50 degrees.. Although the winter blues keeps me going.

8. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

I voted spring. :wink:
    Things are greening up, the spring rains.
    Truman starts flowing water wwwwwwhoooooo:smile2:

9. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i like spring and fall for catchin, but u cant beat summer for just sittin round in shorts and a t shirt with a cooler full of beer

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I'll have to say "Late Spring / Early Summer" when the water just begins to warm-up. :0a23:
    ("Oh Yea" :canny:)
    :wink:

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I voted Fall but have to say anytime I get to go is just fine with me.
    Like the Fall cause it's usually a bit cooler but not cold.Hate winter,but go when there is a decent day and water isn't froze.

12. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i picked summer,it would've been spring but they bed in the spring and get tough to catch at times.but summer you go and sit on the water day and night,night being my favorite.

13. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I like summer and fall, hate this cold weather (its 12 here this morning),

14. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I voted summer but like most any time I get a chance I go. I like night fishing the best.

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    although winter is getting tougher on me, I still vote it best with fall 2nd. just seem like the big fish turn on in the winter. Fall is great for those flatheads that are gorging getting ready for thier winter hole.

16. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    summer. fish all day then all night then half the next day :smile2:

17. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I was going to vote anytime of year but that was not a choice. If I am not working and can get away that is my favorite time of year to go catfishing!
    Tom

18. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I voted summer but perfer late spring and early fall for the big boys.

19. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I voted summer cuz I have never caught a catfish in the winter:confused2: CUZ I HAVE NEVER WENT:tounge_out: Can't fix stupid:smile2: this year is going to be different, CATFISH SCOTTIE has pretty much laid it out on the "HOW TO's " so its up to me, with all the info on the posts, it really helps and gives ya confidence to try it even if its COLD AS HELL:smile2:

20. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    For me it would be spring. We normally don't have much of a spring here in Central Texas, it usually blends into summer straight from winter.

But On those true spring days where it's almost cold in the morning but gets warm by noon, I like to be one with the catfish. There's nothing like watching the sun come up from the water. You're sitting there in the boat, sipping on a cup of fresh coffee while slowly creeping toward your first fishing spot. You see the hint of a glow over the hill in the distance. At first glance it looks like there has been an explosion. The glow becomes brighter and all of a sudden this big ball of fire rises above the hill, it' sunrise. The sun is weak, but just bright enough to highlight the steam coming from your coffee and from the lake.

You tell your two best friends, it's time boys, hang on. As you increase the throttle, the boat hops up on top of the water and you're off toward the big ball of fire. You pull back on the throttle for two reasons; you're at the first hole and your face is cold from the morning air.

As you put on a piece of shad, you're wondering if your piece is too small or too big, but you cast it with confidence. When that rod bends over through the steam off the lake, you know this is going to be a great spring day.

Four hours later, your jackets are off and it's comfortably warm. The mug in your hand has turned from hot to cold as your coffee has since been replaced with an ice cold beer. Your livewell is full and all three of you have caught a new personal best. This was a great spring day!