What's your favorite Spotlight?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by sgt_rob, Apr 11, 2006.

1. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I've been using Q-Beam brand spotlights for years but the one I own now ( a 200,000 CP) is junk that will leave you stranded in the darkest of nights. I'm not the only one with this problem either. I ended up taking the thing apart last year and soldering the lugs onto the terminals so they wouldn't fall off but now the switch is going out on me.:mad:

Are any of you having good luck with other brand spotlights?

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a Q-Beam and well and like it. There are many brands of spotlights out there now and they make some really nice ones and powerful ones! For a flashlight thought I LOVE Surefires! They are expensive, but worth it to me and are bright as he((!

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

After some hardcore froggin' and juggin' for the last 8 years, we (including 4 nephews) have destroyed numerous spotlights. We have had everything from the cheaest thing Wmart has to units near $50. One season alone we retired 4 lights that all failed in the same area, a trigger switch.

Over the last few years we have came to only buy Q-Beams, as they seem the most durable by far. The two we have now are going on 2 and 3 years old each, which is a record for us. WHile they might not be as powerful as others, they work when you need them (as least for us).

Another point is to avoid the rechargeables, as the weight of the battery will strain your wrist if you are using it for an activity such as froggin' where the light is used more than it is not.

And like most years, I also have new toy to try this year, my new Cyclops 15 million candlepower.

Attached Files:

4. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    The switch is the weakest link. Maybe I need to replace it with a more durable unit.:rolleyes:

5. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I've got a Thor-X 10,000,000 cp and man that sucker is BRIGHT!!! But, it's extremely awkward to carry around. It does have adjustable legs on it though, and if you're sitting still, you can set it up and it works good. It's so bright you can shine it on the ground and you can't hardly see anything. I can't imagine what a 15 mil would be like.

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Rob, one that want keep braking like mine and yours. We better find a good one soon, as frogging season is just about here. Opening day June 1 @ 12:01 am. I'll be there. :big_smile:

7. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I like Q-Beam or anything over 2 mil. cp.