whats your favorite species of catfish to go after

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by slikk03, Aug 1, 2009.

whats your favorent species to fish for

1. blues

2. flathead

3. channel

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    whats your favernt specices to go after

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The big bruisers!:smile2::smile2:

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    1. Flatheads
    2. Bluecats
    3. Channels:big_smile:

Usually when I catch a channelcat...its on accident, because I usually dont target them.:crazy:

4. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I picked flathead but usually it is what ever i can catch.:smile2:

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Flats, but you won,t hear me complaining when I got a big channel on the end of my line!:roll_eyes:.

6. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Well flatheads are more fun to catch for me...ive only caught one and it was by accident....but it pulled harder then channel twice its size so im going with flattys myself:smile2::cool2::wink:

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i think blues are not as widley distrubuted in the us as flatheads, i do think flats get caght alot more so i bet money flatheads will win this poll, remember this post i said in 5 days, i voted blues,only becose its more of a challenge and i have not got one over 15, i cant wait to get a 50 pounder in my avatar

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I switch it up, right now its channels. Plus it depends what body of water im going to.

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    mainly a big ole flattie but being river fishing what ever takes the gill then i happy :cool2::cool2:

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well if its over 20 im happy, if its under 20 im happy.but, i got that drive to pull in a big blue so i blow all my money on the drive to do it lol i just got to land one,but i think flats are more faverd than any catfish on here and i know why its ,relaxing, and its a blast to tangle with one that pulls soo hard , and to lift it up, pure adrenalene, and they tast the best

11. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    flat's by far!! it's alway been easier for me to find channels, blues are a little harder but usually if you can find a deep hole you're in business but flats you actually have to put some time in scouting finding structure for the different seasons and phases bait selection etc. it more like hunting than fishing to me. I can go get some liver and catch channels all day long or get a big fresh piece of cutbait and find a hole for blues but you can't just throw live bait out by any jam and catch fish.

12. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I'm going with the Blues. We're fortunate to have some nice Blues fisheries here in NC and VA.

13. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    flatheads, blues are a close second, i just love the fight in a big flat

14. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I don't target specific species, I just go for catfish. I catch bullheads, channels, and blues using the same methods and bait. Every once in a while we catch a flathead too.

15. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's it right there!! :wink:

16. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    I voted channels because all we have up here is big channels. :big_smile: I'd love to battle some of those giant blues and flatheads someday though!! :cool2:

17. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Blues are my favorite to go after. When the bite is on it can be fast and furious, quality fish one right after the other. Channels would be second cause I like to go out and catch a mess of eaters in a hurry. Flats last, because I haven't figured out how to catch many yet LOL.

18. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i am luky to have all three withen driving range, blues are a longer drive, i cant just say well im going blue fishing after work like i can flats and channels, its a 3 hour drive to get into blues,plus i need rods specifecly to target them were i go i need long cast, i need about 2 more rigs to get into em good

19. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I say Blues, they are easier to catch than flathead(imo). I also target flats and channels, but my favorite is blues.

20. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    blues easer lol,its revers for me, i cant ever get a blue even wen they run in freespool i miis the hookup, but ive fished for m 5 times in my life, all within the last 12 months got 2 hooked into the biggest fish i ever hooked but it go off, drag was to looose